User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best way to stabilize a 3170bh?

Haven’t received our trailer delivery yet but definitely building my amazon wishlist! Can you guys recommend the best way to stabilize the rv for a future full timer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WigglesNFloofs View Post
    Haven’t received our trailer delivery yet but definitely building my amazon wishlist! Can you guys recommend the best way to stabilize the rv for a future full timer?

When we had our Imagine 2950RL it had cheap thin 2500# stab jacks, I upgraded them to like 7500# much heavier and beefier stabilizer jacks and then didn't crank them down too far. Then installed BAL stabilizer arms, this took most of the wiggles out of the coach.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ill be upgrading our 2400BH to these: https://www.amazon.com/Eaz-Lift-Stab...gateway&sr=8-3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@147 View Post
    When we had our Imagine 2950RL it had cheap thin 2500# stab jacks, I upgraded them to like 7500# much heavier and beefier stabilizer jacks and then didn't crank them down too far. Then installed BAL stabilizer arms, this took most of the wiggles out of the coach.
    Is this what you used?

https://www.amazon.com/BAL-Stabilizi...gateway&sr=8-5

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnub View Post
    Yup, they work just like the JT Strong Arms but are cheaper. Can't remember where I bought them from they came two arms in a box. I think I searched the web for the cheapest price. The locking bolt on the arm was the same size as the stabilizer jacks
    Last edited by Steven@147; 04-24-2019 at 12:54 PM.
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup, they work just like the JT Strong Arms but are cheaper. Can't remember where I bought them from they came two arms in a box. I think I searched the web for the cheapest price. The locking bolt on the arm was the same size as the stabilizer jacks
    copy! I will be looking for some for sure.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How many jacks do you recommend for my 36’ tt? And how many arms? Do I use both together or would heavy duty jacks be pretty sufficient?

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnub View Post
    Ill be upgrading our 2400BH to these: https://www.amazon.com/Eaz-Lift-Stab...gateway&sr=8-3
    These are the ones I installed. I initially saw them on the GDRVForLife page, I guy was installing them on his unit. They are much stronger and thicker metal. I sold the original 2500# ones on craig's list.
    Last edited by Steven@147; 04-24-2019 at 01:09 PM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WigglesNFloofs View Post
    How many jacks do you recommend for my 36’ tt? And how many arms? Do I use both together or would heavy duty jacks be pretty sufficient?

I replaced all 4 of the stabilizer jacks with the 7500# ones. This made a big difference on our unit. I added the BAL arms later to give it even more stability. You could try the jacks first to see what improvement there was. Then add the BAL arms later if you want.

I only bought 2 boxes (4 arms total) of the BAL arms. I had one bar on each corner. You can put two arms on a stabilizer jack like at the left front and the right rear , at opposing corners of the TT like they have in the pictures. I know some owners that bought 3 boxes 6 arms total. 2 on each from jack and one each on the rear. Or mix it up whatever you think is best for your TT.