User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No locks on bathroom pocket doors

We just picked up our 2020 Transcend Xplor 265BH yesterday. We love the travel trailer! I am a bit annoyed though that there are no locks on the bathroom pocket doors. I have younger kids and no amount of training will keep them from accidentally walking in on myself, my wife or the grandparents.

Has anyone else engineered a solution to this? I'm a really handy guy, love to tinker, but the door doesn't appear to be setup to take a lock mechanism even if I wanted to install one. I could definitely install a hook and eyelet style lock, but the door is hollow and we all know how screws in RV walls won't last over time with something like this. Suggestions?

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum Jonny! How about a Velcro strap?

Jim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's definitely a possibility, although I was wanting something a little bit more robust/permanent. I have used exploding/tri-fold rivets in RV walls with much success in the past, maybe I can incorporate those instead of screws.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If you use the correct wall molly (made for luan) you could easily install a hook latch. Ace/Home Depot/Lowes, etc carry them. Look for some that cover 1/8 to 3/16"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0031.jpg  
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome, thanks for the suggestion.
    Jon & Leah
    Minnesota
    2012 F-150 STX 5.0L 3.55 axle
    2020 Transcend Xplor 265BH
    10k Equalizer 4-point WDH

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our 337 uses magnets which might be an easy install. It takes enough effort to open, my 90+ year old dad couldn't get out on one of his visits. I have removed the door frame metal piece as it is only my wife and myself less a visitor now and then...
    Current;
    2017 Reflection 337LRS 5th with 2016 Silverado LTX 3500HD Duramax
    2019 Reflection 367BHS 5th permanent in RV park

Past;
    30' TH TT Weekend Warrior, 36' TH 5th Weekend Warrior (both with Ford F250 diesel)
    26' TT Shadow Cruiser, 30' TT Cougar (both with Ram 1500 5.7L Hemi)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JonnyElectronic View Post
    We just picked up our 2020 Transcend Xplor 265BH yesterday. We love the travel trailer! I am a bit annoyed though that there are no locks on the bathroom pocket doors. I have younger kids and no amount of training will keep them from accidentally walking in on myself, my wife or the grandparents.

Has anyone else engineered a solution to this? I'm a really handy guy, love to tinker, but the door doesn't appear to be setup to take a lock mechanism even if I wanted to install one. I could definitely install a hook and eyelet style lock, but the door is hollow and we all know how screws in RV walls won't last over time with something like this. Suggestions?
    I installed one of these in my 303.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot_20190426-163741.png  
    Steve & Ann Ellis
    2018 Reflection 303RLS
    2019 Ram 3500 6.7 Cummins

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steve,

This is exactly what I installed on my 2019 312BHTS. I added a longer chrome deadbolt striker plate (https://www.homedepot.com/p/Prime-Li...9475/202639268) to the frame and it works like a charm. Due to the nature of the pocket door having a tendency to push towards the outer side of the frame when closing (closest to the outside wall), you'll want to line the lock mechanism up with the frame of the pocket door and mark carefully where the lock mechanism will strike before installing it. That way it closes easily and locks effortlessly and you avoid making a huge mess!

Respectfully,
    Kevin Page
    Kevin, Angela, Nicole, Andria, Aleigha & Zoey
    G-kids Tyler & Raynah
    2019 312BHTS Reflection TT
    2012 F-250 King Ranch, 6.7L Powerstroke Diesel
    14k Equal-I-zer Hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately, the door jamb material is plastic and doesn't seem all that firm. It might be difficult to get a striker plate firmly secured on that type of material. I think I will try something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

with these:

I'll test the rivets on some scrap luan wood to see how well the rivets work before proceeding.
    Last edited by JonnyElectronic; 04-27-2019 at 09:02 AM.
    Jon & Leah
    Minnesota
    2012 F-150 STX 5.0L 3.55 axle
    2020 Transcend Xplor 265BH
    10k Equalizer 4-point WDH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JonnyElectronic View Post
    Unfortunately, the door jamb material is plastic and doesn't seem all that firm. It might be difficult to get a striker plate firmly secured on that type of material. I think I will try something like this:

with these:

I'll test the rivets on some scrap luan wood to see how well the rivets work before proceeding.
    JonnyE., the frame on my the 312 where I put the striker plate had 1.5" thick wood stud, so it was easy to attach the plate to it. Good luck with your idea and let us know how it turns out please!

V/R,
    K.P. (1SG)
    Kevin, Angela, Nicole, Andria, Aleigha & Zoey
    G-kids Tyler & Raynah
    2019 312BHTS Reflection TT
    2012 F-250 King Ranch, 6.7L Powerstroke Diesel
    14k Equal-I-zer Hitch

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast