User Tag List

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Replacing Bathroom Fan with a wall switch similar to the kitchen fan on a 303RLS

We just took our new 2021 303RLS cross country from Indiana to the Grand Canyon and on now on the last leg of trip heading home. I am impressed with Grand Design. We had no issues whatsoever staying at multiple sites over the last 11 days.

My wife is 5’ 3” and can not reach the crank or switch on the bathroom fan. If I am not around to turn it out, the bathroom is full of moisture which is probably not good long term. I was wanting to know if anyone has added the Max Air fan to the bathroom similar to the one in the kitchen. That way all she has to do is hit a button.

Thanks.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I replaced the fan in the bathroom with a Maxx Fan 7500 instead of the one above the galley (at least on a 2018 303). It is a much better fan and has a wireless remote so you don’t need to reach the fan to adjust it or run wires to a wall switch. I plan to also replace the galley fan with the same.
    2018 Reflection 303rls, MORryde IS
    2017 Ford F-350 CC SB SRW 6.7L Diesel
    Blue Ox Super Ride hitch

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew View Post
    I replaced the fan in the bathroom with a Maxx Fan 7500 instead of the one above the galley (at least on a 2018 303). It is a much better fan and has a wireless remote so you don’t need to reach the fan to adjust it or run wires to a wall switch. I plan to also replace the galley fan with the same.
    I will look into this option. I doubt they did much of a redesign on the bathroom fan between 2018 and 2021 models. The problem with remotes is that my wife, kids, and sometimes me will misplace them. I could Velcro it to the wall.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It has a wall mount you can use if you want.
    2018 Reflection 303rls, MORryde IS
    2017 Ford F-350 CC SB SRW 6.7L Diesel
    Blue Ox Super Ride hitch

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the same problem with the fan in my 31MB (which I believe has the same bathroom layout as the 303). My wife couldn't reach the fan switch (she couldn't open the vent either, but I have a vent cover on it and leave it open). I didn't want to change out the fan, because that involved changing out the entire vent (be there, done that). I installed a switch in the pocket door wall right under the linen cabinet, then ran the wire up into the left side of the cabinet and up through the ceiling. It was easy then to wire into the little switch on the fan (sorry, don't have pics).

Ken
    2020 Reflection 31MB Fifth Wheel
    2007 Ford F350 diesel