User Tag List

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mice (well, mouse)!

After being closed up for the winter (since 1 November) I got back up to the RV this weekend. I had covered it up and when I took it off the trailer looked just the way we left it. So glad I covered it.

All the plumbing works just fine, no leaks or any water related problems.

I had plugged up any potential entry points for rodents to enter with a copper mesh and it worked well - in the places I put it (more on that in a minute).

I had plugged in a bunch of those electronic rodent repellent devices all around the trailer and they seemed to have worked well as there was no sign of rodents in the trailer*.

OK, s there was one spot that I missed. Underneath the bathroom sink is a small access hole where the plumbing comes in. I missed that spot with the copper mesh, and did not have an electronic rodent repeller in that room. We also forgot 3 rolls of toilet paper under the sink as well. It looks like a single mouse got in there and chewed on some toilet paper. The door to the cabinet was closes, so it couldn’t get anywhere so it appears like it left.

Note to self: don’t forget under the bathroom sink cabinet
    Last edited by jim1521; 04-28-2019 at 11:41 AM.
    2016 Grand Design Reflection 313RLTS
    2020 Riverstone 39FK
    2016 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7L Powerstroke Lariat 2WD DRW

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is no such thing as a single mouse.

In our rodentary experiences we have found that mouses travel in pairs, Mrs. and MR. And they are happy mouses that have families pretty quickly. So the trick is to catch Mrs. and Mr. before their family arrives. We use a multi-catch humane live trap, catches about 4-5 mouses at a time. If we get Mrs and Mr. early then their are no juniors, end of saga. But if there gets to be aunts and uncles it take a greater effort.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750