User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Neil (or Sonya) I'm not sure who you are asking the question of. If you reply using the "reply with quote button" then it will be more clear who you are referencing. Don't know who you talked to at which rally but for my 2016 model the new axles and springs were a bolt in replacement. I have replaced several spring hangers on our trailer but that's because they broke and had nothing to do with the axle swap.
    Jim & Georgianne
    N. California
    2016 Reflection 29RS
    2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty PSD
    B&W Companion hitch
    Rubber turtle with no name

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J&G garage View Post
    Neil (or Sonya) I'm not sure who you are asking the question of. If you reply using the "reply with quote button" then it will be more clear who you are referencing. Don't know who you talked to at which rally but for my 2016 model the new axles and springs were a bolt in replacement. I have replaced several spring hangers on our trailer but that's because they broke and had nothing to do with the axle swap.
    My apologies! I am a newbie to the forum and am learning as I go along. Thanks for your help!

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil and Sonya Dundas. On View Post
    A question for you. When you upgraded your axles, did they have to weld on new frame hangers (the ones that hold the "correct track axle assembly")? I was told last year at the rally that to upgrade the axles to 5200# they would have to do this.
    Hi Neil and Sonya,

Hanger spacing and spring width is pretty standard for this family of springs. I would be surprised that you would have to change hangers. Take some measurements of the spacing between your hangers along the frame rail and the width of the spring eyes and we can provide comparable measurements for 5200 lb axles.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    Hi Neil and Sonya,

Hanger spacing and spring width is pretty standard for this family of springs. I would be surprised that you would have to change hangers. Take some measurements of the spacing between your hangers along the frame rail and the width of the spring eyes and we can provide comparable measurements for 5200 lb axles.

Rob
    I confirmed with Lippert that you do not have to change the hangers when upgrading to 5200# axles. Apparently the 4400# hybrid axles are actually a 3500# axle which has been modified to meet the 4400# rating. Even with the brake hubs modified, the bearings are actually the same as the ones on the 3500# axles as well as the electric brake hub ******'y (10 x 2.25). That is why I feel that I have been having issues with the bearings and brake assemblies. It is no wonder that they have upgraded the newer units to a 5200# axle...

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the input. We wound up dealing directly with GD and they offered to switch out our axles. Since we had already switched them, they reimbursed us the cost. Thanks to GD for standing behind their product.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12