User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

26RLS, First impressions

Picked it up from dealer and went directly to a campsite. Towed horribly due to poor set up from dealer. I will report back as soon as I get it adjusted properly. All of the mechanical stuff works to a tee. Furnace, water heater, A.C., faucets etc.
    I have a few trim issues that can easily be remedied,(you can tell they don't waste any time assembling these. But no major or even moderate flaws. The only real irritant is the little plastic strips that hold the pocket doors when traveling. The snaps on both doors broke on the way to the campground. I will have to come up with a better solution as I think if I replace with the same thing it will just happen again. We absolutely love the floorplan and the Morride stairs are awesome. The Omni directional antenna works extremely well also. As we use the trailer more, I will have some updates I'm sure. Overall very impressed
    2019 Transcend 26rls
    2010 Nissan Titan w full tow package
    Rich & Sharon

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the update , hope you have a great stay and have know more problems.
    The towing and weight issues will take a little to get worked out , always changes when you add or remove "stuff" but you will get it down.
    Enjoy,

Brian

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Country Campers View Post
    Thanks for the update , hope you have a great stay and have know more problems.
    The towing and weight issues will take a little to get worked out , always changes when you add or remove "stuff" but you will get it down.
    Enjoy,

Brian
    Thanks, I am going to get the hitch squared away this week end, have a nice level parking lot nearby that is empty on weekends.
    2019 Transcend 26rls
    2010 Nissan Titan w full tow package
    Rich & Sharon

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What was your actual tonque weight? We just purchased the same unit and pick it up on Friday. The listed dry weight tonque weight seems really low, less than 10%. That may be your issue, not enough tonque weight. I have chosen the Blue Ox sway pro hitch so anxious to see how my F150 tows. Moving up about 2300 lbs more from my old trailer.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We picked up our Transcend 26RLS on May 1, 2019 and so far we've taken it camping twice. We've had a few issues, but nothing all to serious. Well except the cracked beam under the bed inside the storage locker. I wish I had taken a picture before I started the repair. You can see the cracked bean in the pic below, but it was down about 1/2" at the crack. So I injected a ton of carpenters glue into the crack and between the beam and wafer board above, then I jacked it up level. After that was dry, I sistered another beam next to it (the darker beam in the pick). I used a piece or 5/4 oak that I had laying around.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190615_084049334.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	89.2 KB 
ID:	20835
    Then I sistered a second beam (also oak) to the other side of the beam. So it should be strong enough now.

Name:	IMG_20190618_105923142.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	98.8 KB 
ID:	20837

The other issue we had was more of an annoyance than anything. The wafer board under (the part that lifts so you can access the storage) the mattress wasn't long enough to properly support the mattress, so it was difficult to keep the covers tucked in. We'd wake up in the morning and the covers would be all pulled out. The wafer board was also very rough and it caught on the fabric of our new mattress (we replaced the original mattress day 1). So I replaced the wafer board under the end of the bed with a nice piece of 3/8" plywood. Then I glued and screwed pieces of 1"x4" to the edges to add strength and to keep it from warping. Then I added to coats of polyurethane so the mattress doesn't catch on it. Below is a pic looking under it and from the side.

Name:	IMG_20190618_110059282.jpg 
Size:	82.7 KB 
ID:	20838Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190618_105953338.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	89.3 KB 
ID:	20839

As for the tongue weight, that other day I loaded up the trailer and weight the tongue. I actually loaded up more stuff than we typically bring and the tongue weighed 950 lbs (including the hitch). We are using a Hensley Arrow hitch, below is a picture of it on the trailer with 1000 lb weight distribution bars. It tows great, no bounce or sway at all.

Name:	IMG_20190502_125630642.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	103.0 KB 
ID:	20840

I hope this helps
    Last edited by BeerBrewer; 06-18-2019 at 11:09 AM.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerBrewer View Post
    We picked up our Transcend 26RLS on May 1, 2019 and so far we've taken it camping twice. We've had a few issues, but nothing all to serious. Well except the cracked beam under the bed inside the storage locker. I wish I had taken a picture before I started the repair. You can see the cracked bean in the pic below, but it was down about 1/2" at the crack. So I injected a ton of carpenters glue into the crack and between the beam and wafer board above, then I jacked it up level. After that was dry, I sistered another beam next to it (the darker beam in the pick). I used a piece or 5/4 oak that I had laying around.

Name:	IMG_20190615_084049334.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	89.2 KB 
ID:	20835
    Then I sistered a second beam (also oak) to the other side of the beam. So it should be strong enough now.

Name:	IMG_20190618_105923142.jpg 
Size:	98.8 KB 
ID:	20837

The other issue we had was more of an annoyance than anything. The wafer board under (the part that lifts so you can access the storage) the mattress wasn't long enough to properly support the mattress, so it was difficult to keep the covers tucked in. We'd wake up in the morning and the covers would be all pulled out. The wafer board was also very rough and it caught on the fabric of our new mattress (we replaced the original mattress day 1). So I replaced the wafer board under the end of the bed with a nice piece of 3/8" plywood. Then I glued and screwed pieces of 1"x4" to the edges to add strength and to keep it from warping. Then I added to coats of polyurethane so the mattress doesn't catch on it. Below is a pic looking under it and from the side.

Name:	IMG_20190618_110059282.jpg 
Size:	82.7 KB 
ID:	20838Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190618_105953338.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	89.3 KB 
ID:	20839

As for the tongue weight, that other day I loaded up the trailer and weight the tongue. I actually loaded up more stuff than we typically bring and the tongue weighed 950 lbs (including the hitch). We are using a Hensley Arrow hitch, below is a picture of it on the trailer with 1000 lb weight distribution bars. It tows great, no bounce or sway at all.

Name:	IMG_20190502_125630642.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	103.0 KB 
ID:	20840

I hope this helps
    The board under the mattress is short on purpose. All of the trailers come this way. It's so you don't bang your shins when going around the bed.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    The board under the mattress is short on purpose. All of the trailers come this way. It's so you don't bang your shins when going around the bed.
    The storage unit under the bed is 22" high so it would be a bit tough to bang your shin on it, your knee maybe, but I get your point. I could see making the wafer board 3" or 4" short, but 8" was just too much. It was almost as if it was cut for an RV queen mattress. It was impossible to keep the covers tucked in. I kept the width of the new plywood base the same as the original and I extended the length so the mattress over hung at the end the same as the sides. The mattress is pushed too far over in the pic. So far extending the base has not been an issue.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerBrewer View Post
    The storage unit under the bed is 22" high so it would be a bit tough to bang your shin on it, your knee maybe, but I get your point. I could see making the wafer board 3" or 4" short, but 8" was just too much. It was almost as if it was cut for an RV queen mattress. It was impossible to keep the covers tucked in. I kept the width of the new plywood base the same as the original and I extended the length so the mattress over hung at the end the same as the sides. The mattress is pushed too far over in the pic. So far extending the base has not been an issue.
    I have to agree 8" was excessive I believe you are right about the 3 or 4 ". What I hate about the boards being cut short is if you get near the edge of the bed you get a feeling that you could roll out from the edge dipping down a little.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/