Quote Originally Posted by WackyPup View Post
You need to write a 'how-to' article - or at least send me the details! That's amazing. We are full time, but mostly stay at relative's this year. I sure hope we don't do that next year!! That was not my plan! LOL If we could keep it to $27/night average, that would be wonderful. Please do tell!
It’s just the way the averages worked out for us We try to use Passport America when possible which usually saves up to 50%. Also we find if we stay in a park a week you save usually 1 days fees - even more for monthly rates. We stay in a resort in Tucson for 5 months, and that earns us a lower rate avg of 23.88 per day. We do pay for electric there, which is about $80 per month, so total $26. We will usually do a few COE parks a year and with our senior lifetime pass we pay 1/2 price. This year we were primarily on the west coast which was more expensive, so by the end of this year our average will be higher. I’d guess so far this year we’ll average $35, but we had planned for it.

We don’t focus on what the cost will be....but if there is a lower price option in an area we are going and it gets decent ratings, we’ll try it. We have stayed in a few I’d never recommend and we will not go back, but regardless of the ambiance, we have always met nice people. We will often stay in an outlying town near to an area we want to visit. We find you can get less expensive than getting right by the venue.

Good luck

Alan