User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Level Mate Pro Review

Was able to use the "new" Level Mate Pro this weekend and wasn't real impressed with it's outcome and use. Camping with a friend who also was using the same model was having similar difficulties. From the drivers seat it would not read the sending unit, thus not making any adjustments as I was attempting to level the Imagine. Did the whole routine of rebooting the app several times, turning the unit on and off several times and standing a foot from it. It may recognize it once then no adjustment there after then back to repeating it all over again. My friend was experiencing the same results. I get home and level the trailer to the Level Mate and it appeared to work fine, kinda. Anyway not real impressed thus far and will be bringing the old level as the stand by.

Is anyone else experience these same results or is Level Mate just making it interesting?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Been using it for exactly one year today after going full time, never a single issue.
    Couldn’t live without it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had ours for 1-1/2 yrs now. Only time it acts up is if the battery gets low.
    2018 Reflection 315RLTS
    2023 F350 Lariat 6.7L/CC/LB/FX4

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have used ours a couple of times and no issues. Worked very well.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My level mate pro gen 2 works good where mine is mounted in the passthrough by the utility panel. Takes a minute or so for the app to connect but not an issue. I consider this accessory to be one of the most valuable we have used.
    MidwestCamper

Jim & Dawn
    Near Milford, Michigan
    2017 Imagine 2600RB
    2015 GMC Sierra 1500 Double Cab 4x4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm getting ready to order one myself, all the reviews I've seen have been very positive. I wonder if both of yours were somehow seeing interference of sorts? Is that even possible?
    2019 Ford F-250 CCSB Lariat Ultimate 6.2L/3.73 gearing
    2015 Ford F-350 CCSB 6.7L - previous
    2018 Grand Design 290BH
    B&W Companion RVK3300

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PAPAJOJO View Post
    Was able to use the "new" Level Mate Pro this weekend and wasn't real impressed with it's outcome and use. Camping with a friend who also was using the same model was having similar difficulties. From the drivers seat it would not read the sending unit, thus not making any adjustments as I was attempting to level the Imagine. Did the whole routine of rebooting the app several times, turning the unit on and off several times and standing a foot from it. It may recognize it once then no adjustment there after then back to repeating it all over again. My friend was experiencing the same results. I get home and level the trailer to the Level Mate and it appeared to work fine, kinda. Anyway not real impressed thus far and will be bringing the old level as the stand by.

Is anyone else experience these same results or is Level Mate just making it interesting?
    Mine will stop responding occasionally to the app. Bluetooth issue? Tablet issue? Don't know. A reboot (reconnect) of the app always solves the issue.

I wouldn't be without it.
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought one of the originals, when they first came out and used it for two complete camping seasons without a glitch. I left it in the trailer when I traded it in this March, as the new trailer has auto level. One of the things I did to mine, as it was an early first version, I opened it up and soldered a couple of wires to the contact points for the battery and ran them out of the case. I then hooked it up to a DC to DC power supply with an off/on switch on it. I obviously never used the battery power again because my setup (the DC to DC power supply) ran off of the 12V house batteries. I don't recommend doing this as it will void your warranty, but it worked for me and never a glitch.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My side-to-side and fore-aft bubble levels have worked flawlessly for years . I figure that I have to get out of the truck to place the Andersen levellers anyway . . . might as well look at the bubble level on the way by.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    My side-to-side and fore-aft bubble levels have worked flawlessly for years . I figure that I have to get out of the truck to place the Andersen levellers anyway . . . might as well look at the bubble level on the way by.

Rob
    Nice review of the LevelMate Pro!
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast