User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting reads, I haven't given up and will keep attempting to use it. Maybe I'll get a "new" battery for a stand by then try again. I'm hoping it works as it appears to be a very helpful tool in RVing.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    Nice review of the LevelMate Pro!
    xrated . . . Valid observation on my comment! My point was that I seriously considered getting one of these, but even if it worked flawlessly (and there is obviously some debate about this) it would not provide any advantage to my process of leveling the trailer.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PAPAJOJO View Post
    Was able to use the "new" Level Mate Pro this weekend and wasn't real impressed with it's outcome and use. Camping with a friend who also was using the same model was having similar difficulties. From the drivers seat it would not read the sending unit, thus not making any adjustments as I was attempting to level the Imagine. Did the whole routine of rebooting the app several times, turning the unit on and off several times and standing a foot from it. It may recognize it once then no adjustment there after then back to repeating it all over again. My friend was experiencing the same results. I get home and level the trailer to the Level Mate and it appeared to work fine, kinda. Anyway not real impressed thus far and will be bringing the old level as the stand by.

Is anyone else experience these same results or is Level Mate just making it interesting?
    We bought one last year and placed it right under the counter top across from the door in our 303. We kept getting incorrect readings. After a month or so, we placed it up top in one of the cabinets above the bed and it finally started working correctly. Moral of the story, move it around a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mike & Debbie
    Hot Springs, Ar
    2014 Ram 2500 4x4 Short Bed Diesel
    B&W Companion 5th Wheel Hitch
    2014 Reflection 303 (#405)

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    xrated . . . Valid observation on my comment! My point was that I seriously considered getting one of these, but even if it worked flawlessly (and there is obviously some debate about this) it would not provide any advantage to my process of leveling the trailer.

Rob
    Rob.....just messing with you a bit....nothing serious.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mageorge View Post
    We bought one last year and placed it right under the counter top across from the door in our 303. We kept getting incorrect readings. After a month or so, we placed it up top in one of the cabinets above the bed and it finally started working correctly. Moral of the story, move it around a bit.

That's an excellent point. This is BlueTooth, not WiFi so signal strength and how many barriers it has to go through comes into play. Mine was also installed on the side of a vertical wardrobe closet in the bedroom, in the front of the trailer and worked perfectly. Note, I never did try any other spot, as that one worked from the beginning. And a suggestion if you are having an intermittent signal and want to move it around a bit, take it down and use a wide piece of masking tape and relocate it temporarily until you find a spot that works, then install it with screws or double face tape.

One other thing to consider if you are having signal issues....it could be the phone itself. If you have another one available with B.T., maybe try that one and see if it does better. That could help narrow the issue down to the phone or the LM Pro unit.
    Last edited by xrated; 04-29-2019 at 06:45 PM.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PAPAJOJO View Post
    Interesting reads, I haven't given up and will keep attempting to use it. Maybe I'll get a "new" battery for a stand by then try again. I'm hoping it works as it appears to be a very helpful tool in RVing.
    I may have missed where you have mounted your level mate pro. When I connect I open the passthrough door, flip the switch and leave the door open. My truck window will also be in the down position when moving the rig to a level spot (boondocking). This may help with connectivity.
    MidwestCamper

Jim & Dawn
    Near Milford, Michigan
    2017 Imagine 2600RB
    2015 GMC Sierra 1500 Double Cab 4x4

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    As noted, Bluetooth is very short range and low power - so the closer to the phone, the better. With as little in between as you can. Not definitive...but for example, my bluetooth hearing aids cut out when I'm only about 20-25 ft from the phone. So move the LevelMate as far forward as possible - very front of a front storage compartment would be ideal, or the very front of the bedroom with a 5th wheel.
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMatthewsBand View Post
    Been using it for exactly one year today after going full time, never a single issue.
    Couldn’t live without it.

X2... about two years with the Gen 1 and another two now with Gen 2 (full time, moving all the time). We have the new one mounted on the paneling in over the buffet in the main living area. My guess is that there's more distance from the buffet in a fifth wheel (with more stuff to go through) to the driver's seat of a long bed crew cab 1-ton than it is from an Imagine TT to your tow vehicle.

Rob
    Last edited by Second Chance; 04-30-2019 at 07:53 AM.
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Level Mate Pro Review

Ours is located on the bedroom wall which is probably only 15 feet in a straight line from my phone in the truck, when leveling.
    Maybe the signal goes through the fiberglass front cap? Or possibly through the two bedroom windows.

Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    L.M. Pro is B.T. 4, which does have a much longer range than the original or even the second iteration of B.T. But in order for you to be able to utilize that "extended" range, I would say that your phone needs to be B.T. 4 also. I'm not a B.T. expert, but it seems that I remember reading that at some point in time.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast