User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great thread!

My first time experience has been neutral. I believe this is due to location within the unit after reading this thread. My LMP2 was not reading or connecting Everytime while leveling the trailer from the driver's seat. However it was spot on when dealing with the hitch. No issues. My sensor box was mounted approximately center of the trailer. It may need to be mounted closer to the front due to truck and trailer range. Or I have my wife add the LMP app to her phone and work it from there. I also noticed my phone is also trying to connect to the radio and LMP at the same time. This could be a problem too. Idk. However and once again, I think placement to relation of the driver's seat is going to be critical for leveling.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
    2016 Ford F-350 Super Duty XLT CCSB 4x4 6.2 gasser 3.73 E locker
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 285BHS

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FordmanNJ View Post
    Great thread!

My first time experience has been neutral. I believe this is due to location within the unit after reading this thread. My LMP2 was not reading or connecting Everytime while leveling the trailer from the driver's seat. However it was spot on when dealing with the hitch. No issues. My sensor box was mounted approximately center of the trailer. It may need to be mounted closer to the front due to truck and trailer range. Or I have my wife add the LMP app to her phone and work it from there. I also noticed my phone is also trying to connect to the radio and LMP at the same time. This could be a problem too. Idk. However and once again, I think placement to relation of the driver's seat is going to be critical for leveling.

Mine sometimes won't connect from the driver's seat, either. Too far for Bluetooth? I've got the device mounted in the front pass-thru, about as close as I can get it to the truck.

What I do is have Fran stand next to the trailer where I can easily see her in my side mirror. She has our tablet in her hand and monitors the LevelMate app. When I get a thumbs-up I stop.

We haven't (yet) setup in the rain, so we'll see how that goes.
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howson View Post
    Mine sometimes won't connect from the driver's seat, either. Too far for Bluetooth? I've got the device mounted in the front pass-thru, about as close as I can get it to the truck.

What I do is have Fran stand next to the trailer where I can easily see her in my side mirror. She has our tablet in her hand and monitors the LevelMate app. When I get a thumbs-up I stop.

We haven't (yet) setup in the rain, so we'll see how that goes.
    Lack of response for now due to more important camping work.

2016 Ford F-350 Super Duty XLT CCSB 4x4 6.2 gasser 3.73 E locker
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 285BHS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm getting a little concerned about people not being able to connect all the time. I was thinking that I would mount it in the front pass through to help but I guess that's not fool proof either?

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishwater View Post
    I'm getting a little concerned about people not being able to connect all the time. I was thinking that I would mount it in the front pass through to help but I guess that's not fool proof either?
    Most/many campers have the bedroom in the front of the trailer. My suggestion would be to put it in or beside one of the nightstands/closets/overhead storage locations. Then, pretty much the only thing between the LM Pro unit and your phone is some insulation and fiberglass, which really shouldn't affect the B.T. signal much at all. Basements seem to be more surrounded by metal....studs, frame, flooring, etc. Like I suggested in an earlier post....move it around and stick it up temporarily with some masking tape. When you find the location that provides the best signal ....that's where you plant it.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    Most/many campers have the bedroom in the front of the trailer. My suggestion would be to put it in or beside one of the nightstands/closets/overhead storage locations. Then, pretty much the only thing between the LM Pro unit and your phone is some insulation and fiberglass, which really shouldn't affect the B.T. signal much at all. Basements seem to be more surrounded by metal....studs, frame, flooring, etc. Like I suggested in an earlier post....move it around and stick it up temporarily with some masking tape. When you find the location that provides the best signal ....that's where you plant it.
    I mounted mine in the bedroom closet and it works just fine there. Well it works fine after I replace the battery. I have one of the first original units without a shut off switch. So it frequently burns through batteries quickly.

Jim

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    I installed my LMP2 in the pass thru, front wall street side. Had some issues connecting so called the LMP folks and talked with the guy that invented it (can't remember his name). His response was basically exactly what you said, xrated. The pass thru is low to the ground and full of metal. He said that placing the unit as high as is practical also helps, like high in the nose area. Not a lot of metal there.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mounted above the control panel as you come into the trailer, which is one of the locations that LMP suggest. I choose this location because the ease access when we arrive at our campsite to turn it on / off. Mounting it in the bedroom isn't really a option because it can't be accessed due to the slide blocking the doorway. I will look into the front storage compartment drivers side to mount if my problems continue. Not real sure how BT works but my hearing aides will go about 15 feet and my truck can be 40 feet away to loose connection. It would be nice to see the LMP be consistent and work as it should where it's located.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefblueman View Post
    I installed my LMP2 in the pass thru, front wall street side. Had some issues connecting so called the LMP folks and talked with the guy that invented it (can't remember his name). His response was basically exactly what you said, xrated. The pass thru is low to the ground and full of metal. He said that placing the unit as high as is practical also helps, like high in the nose area. Not a lot of metal there.
    Hmmm...gonna have to move mine and see if it makes a difference. I stuck mine to the side of the Schwintek controller, street side of the pass-thru. (Good to see a post from you, Kim!)
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Level Mate Pro Review

Yea, get it as close to the truck as possible.

Mine is about 4 feet behind the truck’s rear bumper, and it has never once had an issue connecting to the phone app while we’re in the truck.

And we have done this several times in the rain, in the desert, while dry camping.

Sure cuts down on how much time we have to spend standing outside in the rain!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DaveMatthewsBand; 05-04-2019 at 02:25 PM.
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast