User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Leave your campground better than you found it

I drove by Talladega Speedway last Monday and it was full of RVs for the race. I drove by today and all the RVs were gone, but there was trash EVERYWHERE. I would be embarrassed to say I was camping there. There is no reason people shouldn't clean up after themselves whether at a campground, race track or middle of nowhere. It's those types of activities that will ruin it for the rest of us.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    It's those types of activities that will ruin it for the rest of us.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    You’re not lying. Been there done that.....actually got the t-shirt. Same with hunting....every person who takes aggressive pics, or just hunts for horns and doesn’t care for the harvest properly, etc etc they make it 1,000 times harder for those that do. I can think of about 20 things just like that without even trying. It really pisses me off. Sorry from a former nascar fan, but it doesn’t change how ugly all that trash is!
    Jim

2017 F-250 6.7L Fx4 Lariat Long Bed Crew Cab “Daisy”
    using Blue Ox Swaypro 1500S towing
    2018 Imagine 2800BH “River”
    ReTrax MX Pro Tonneau
    70” Thule Rack System
    MORryde CRE 3000
    Champion 3400w Dual-Fuel Inverter Generator

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Certainly is a shame that people can be and often are pigs.
    2019 Momentum 395
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10 AISIN

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agreed. Our goal in all our years of camping has always been to leave an area better than we found it. We often have to pick trash up from our site when we arrive, but it’ll be cleaned well before we leave.

Alan
    Alan and Kathleen
    2015 Momentum 380TH (RVD2)
    2014 Ford F350 Dually (Stormtrooper)
    2012 Honda Goldwing Navi/ABS (Land Speeder)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    Certainly is a shame that people can be and often are pigs.
    My particular pet peeve are the folks who load up the back of their truck with demo wood-full of nails, screws, metal shards, etc. Campgrounds don’t have real fireplaces anymore and many don’t bother with the “Don’t move the fire ring” rule. So now, one or two visitors later, your site is a mine field of tire punctures! Burn your d**ned trash on your own property, where you’ll only put your own tires at risk!
    N
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have pet moto,"Only trash leave trash".
    We always try to leave campsite as good or better than we found it and most people are the same. I walk my dog in nearby park and always picking up trash even thou there is trash can within 10 yards of where trash left the trash.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My pet peeve - Those who fill the fire ring with their trash including plastic plates and cups and either leave it for the next guy to burn or clean up, or better yet, light it right before they go and leave a stinking, smoldering mess for the next guy.

People: just because something will catch fire doesn't mean it should be burned.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefblueman View Post
    My pet peeve - Those who fill the fire ring with their trash including plastic plates and cups and either leave it for the next guy to burn or clean up, or better yet, light it right before they go and leave a stinking, smoldering mess for the next guy.

People: just because something will catch fire doesn't mean it should be burned.
    Last year we were at our favorite campground , our neighbors , who were there when we got there , were very nice older folks , retired engineer and school teacher. Got to know them for a few days and when they left on Saturday morning we were out with the kids came back to a stinking odor around the camper , walked around to black ugly smoke smoldering out of there fire ring , plastic cups , magazines , and plastic containers and bags were in there fire ring and they were long gone. Camp host made a note of them and they are on the "black list". We got it all cleaned up before the next folks arrived.
    Totally unacceptable.

Brian

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I work camp at a campground and you would be sickened by what we have to deal with. One example would be a 8' x 8' family restroom that has a sink, toilet and shower, and some one (adult) poops on the floor 2 feet from the toilet and leaves it there when they are done. UGH!
    2019 Reflection 315RLTS
    2019 Ford F250 Lariat SuperCab PSD SRW

Former set up:
    2013 Kodiak 291RESL
    2017 Ford F150 Platinum

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Y’all remember the school bus group that gathered close by at the Quartzite rally?

After they left, DW and I happened to take one of our morning walks through that area and it looked like the day after Woodstock.

Bunch of pigs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast