User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Single Air Unit in the GD Imagine 2400BH

I am seriously considering buying a 2020 GD Imagine 2400BH, I been looking at TT's for over a year now and this one is my favorite. My question is with only one 15000 BTU unit, is that enough to keep the RV cool. I am from the South and a lot of my camping will be in the south where it get HOT and Humid, when I'm inside or going to bed I like it pretty cool.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the Imagines have 30A electrical service . . . this would limit your ability to run two ACs, without some significant re-wiring.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Imagine 2800BH with two a/c's (50 amp service) but I usually only use the main/ducted one and it cools just fine. I was in Tampa last Sept no problem.
    2019 GMC 2500 HD Denali
    2021 Reflection 337RLS / EMS HW50C
    Reece 20K Goosebox
    Solid Step

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coheeba View Post
    I have a Imagine 2800BH with two a/c's (50 amp service) but I usually only use the main/ducted one and it cools just fine. I was in Tampa last Sept no problem.
    The GDRV specs for both the Imagine 2400 and 2800 shows 30A electric https://www.granddesignrv.com/showro...orplans/2800bh. Is 50A an option?

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    The GDRV specs for both the Imagine 2400 and 2800 shows 30A electric https://www.granddesignrv.com/showro...orplans/2800bh. Is 50A an option?

Rob
    It does show 30a but under options it has 50a if you want a 2nd ac

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 2400BH is not included in the 50 amp option only the 2800BH and some others have that option.

Brian

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the second a/c was installed with the unit having 30 amp service, the second a/c unit could have its own #12 extension cord running to the power pole and plugged into a 15 amp service. That's the easy way to handle it.

Many have larger trailers than the Imagine running one 13.5K btu units in the South. You could probably get by in the Southern summer if you chose campsites that were tree shaded. 100% sunlight is a different matter, however.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When doing my extensive research one of the big reasons we picked GD is they seem to have the best insulation of anything else in our size range with R-40 in the roof and cap and R-30 in the floor. Sure you can get better insulation in a Bigfoot or Casita but they don't have the spaciousness of a GD TT with a slide. Arctic Fox is well insulated too but we have a height restriction that ruled them out. With a true R-40 in the roof I feel that the 13.5 will be sufficient in most places and the 15K should be sufficient in hot climates. Like Bamaman says shade will help a great deal, unfortunately here in the Southwest shade is very limited. But in our hot dry climate we have the option of replacing the bedroom hatch with a swamp cooler, quite efficient with twice the cfm of AC and very low power consumption.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We get by with a single 13.5 in our Reflection 303RLS. . . but it begins to struggle at about 90F. If you are going to spend many days above this temp . . . you need the 2nd AC.

Rob
    Last edited by Cate&Rob; 05-01-2019 at 06:04 AM.
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    We get by with a single 13.5 in our Reflection 303RLS. . . but it begins to struggle at about 90F. If you are going to spend many days above this temp . . . you need the 2nd AC.

ROB
    With the 2400BH being smaller than your 303RLS I wonder if a 15K unit would be enough? We plan on a 15K on a ImagineXLS 22RBE which is even smaller than the OPs 2400BH. I really don't want the hassle of a second AC and I am optimistic it will work. When we finally get ours I will give a full report (garage is finished, driveway gates going in next month and hope to be fully retired by December, so it'll be the summer of 2020 before we get to see)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast