User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigb56 View Post
    With the 2400BH being smaller than your 303RLS I wonder if a 15K unit would be enough? We plan on a 15K on a ImagineXLS 22RBE which is even smaller than the OPs 2400BH. I really don't want the hassle of a second AC and I am optimistic it will work. When we finally get ours I will give a full report (garage is finished, driveway gates going in next month and hope to be fully retired by December, so it'll be the summer of 2020 before we get to see)
    There are certainly things that you can do to assist the AC. Similar to your thoughts, we don’t want to eliminate the light and ventilation of the forward hatch.

Get the AC started sooner in the day than you feel that you need it. Close the blinds on the sunny side. If you can’t regularly camp in the shade, slide toppers will shade the slides and this makes a significant difference.

Between Florida in the winter, Canada in the summer, even Indiana in late August . . . one 13.5 AC gets the job done, for us.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When we had our Imagine 2950 it had the 2nd AC installed in the bedroom and 50amp. It was nice to have both AC units as we could cool off the trailer faster once set up, but once cool we only ran one AC unit at a time and it kept up nicely. We did that because of the noise they made not because of power. Bedroom AC during the day, Living room AC at night. South Central Texas in June, July and August is miserable hot! We set up in 115 degree heat one time, miserable!
    If you only have the one unit, once set up, you could open the vents right on the AC unit and cool the kitchen/dining area faster. Then later close the vents on the unit and let it more run through out the coach to the ducting.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had a 26' Heartland with a 13.5K BTU A/C. On a 95 degree day it would keep up but ran almost constantly.
    2019 F-250 Supercab
    2017 Imagine 2650RK

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I realize this is a bit old, but we have not had any cooling issues with our 2400BH. It keeps up in the extreme temps without any issues.
    ~Patrick

2018 Imagine 2400BH
    2016 GMC Yukon XL

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try the single 15K btu unit and I think you'll be satisfied. You can always add the second unit if required.

I have the largest Reflection fifth wheel (36') and we're getting by with a single Atwood 13.5K btu unit with two floor fans going at all times. We freeze at night.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No experience in the US south, so I could be just blowing smoke here? Given the 2400BH is less than 16 square feet larger than our 2150RB and the slide (less roof insulation) is the same or slightly larger than the 2400BH, the factory equipped AC would be appropriate in all but the most extreme cases. With outside temps in the low 90ºF range, we operate on Cool low auto. The unit cycles on and off maintains an interior temp of under 70ºF (20ºC).
    Two chillers on a 2400BH would, I think, make it a meat locker.
    The more experienced here would know, but can you even add a second chiller? When RV manufacturers say roughed for second AC, do they do anything different in the roof?
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiddy View Post
    No experience in the US south, so I could be just blowing smoke here? Given the 2400BH is less than 16 square feet larger than our 2150RB and the slide (less roof insulation) is the same or slightly larger than the 2400BH, the factory equipped AC would be appropriate in all but the most extreme cases. With outside temps in the low 90ºF range, we operate on Cool low auto. The unit cycles on and off maintains an interior temp of under 70ºF (20ºC).
    Two chillers on a 2400BH would, I think, make it a meat locker.
    The more experienced here would know, but can you even add a second chiller? When RV manufacturers say roughed for second AC, do they do anything different in the roof?
    RV A/Cs fit in the same opening as a standard RV roof vent. GDRV runs the required wiring for power and thermostat to this area for future A/C installation.
    The second A/C is not an option for the 2400BH according to GDRV's web site, so wiring wouldn't be there. The 2400BH comes with a 30 amp service which could be problematic for running 2 A/Cs.

The 315RLTS is the largest TT GDRV makes. The advantages of 2 A/C units for us is quicker cool down and the ability to run the bedroom A/C to cool the living area and vice versa to cut noise down. Once the trailer is cool a single 15k unit seems to be able to maintain reasonable temps in 90+ degree heat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just purchased a 2020 Imagine 2670MK and are having the dealer add a second AC ($800) installed. Any new TT you look at, verify if the bedroom fan is pre-wired for a second AC; this makes the process easier and less expensive. Else the manufacturer shows a second ac cost being $703 installed on a custom order TT.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update, we spent the last three nights in the Phoenix dessert in our 2670MK with two 15,000 BTU AC units. The daily high was around 105 and we learned some lessons. Our dealer did not wire our second unit into the thermostat, our main living area would not get cold while the second unit in the bedroom could make ice cubes. We figured out that the bedroom was cooling off the hallway Thermostat, making the living area unit shut off too soon or run on low. Solution: we simply shut the door on the bedroom and the main unit did its job fine. The main unit did a decent job keeping the TT at 76 degrees, even with the bedroom unit off. I hope this helps.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12