User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jim,
    Appreciate the help, but I think I'm hopeless when it comes to some computer stuff. I'm on step 3, but can't figure out how to get pics from my phone to computer. They are JPG images, but I don't know what to do with them.
    Thanks,
    Denny
    2014 Reflection 303 RLS
    Carriere, MS

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Denny O. View Post
    Jim,
    Appreciate the help, but I think I'm hopeless when it comes to some computer stuff. I'm on step 3, but can't figure out how to get pics from my phone to computer. They are JPG images, but I don't know what to do with them.
    Thanks,
    Denny
    Denny, you could send from your phone to your own email. Go to the email on the computer, open it, right click on the image, and you should have an option to save to your picture files. Once you save, you’re ALMOST done. If you want your picture to post right side up (as opposed to sideways), you’ll have to save again in your picture file. Even the simplest of storage programs have minimal edit features (I always choose “enhance” but you could choose to brighten or the contrast function-any little change that will trigger that second “save” button). This will ensure that your photo posts to the forum right side up.
    N
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I right click on photo in email, I don't have option to "save to picture files", but do have "save link as....". I clicked on that and it saved to "Recent files", but when I come back to "For Sale" and try to choose a file I can't find the pictures again.
    Denny
    2014 Reflection 303 RLS
    Carriere, MS

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Denny O. View Post
    When I right click on photo in email, I don't have option to "save to picture files", but do have "save link as....". I clicked on that and it saved to "Recent files", but when I come back to "For Sale" and try to choose a file I can't find the pictures again.
    Denny
    What are your choices when you right click?
    Is there a picture storage system in your operating system? (Click on options such as “my computer, or programs” to see what is contained within your OS.
    What are your choices if you left click the picture? The choice you need, may simply say “save”, then pop up destinations from which to choose.
    N
    There are other OSs besides windows with more basic no frills features for email, WP, picture storage, etc. If you post what your computer has here, someone is bound to be familiar with it.

Another option under the right click on the picture might read open or open with (the “with” being your picture storage program.
    Just thought about that-so rolled my eyes at myself!
    Last edited by Houndbb; 05-06-2019 at 09:40 AM.
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Houndbb View Post
    What are your choices when you right click?
    Is there a picture storage system in your operating system? (Click on options such as “my computer, or programs” to see what is contained within your OS.
    What are your choices if you left click the picture? The choice you need, may simply say “save”, then pop up destinations from which to choose.
    N
    There are other OSs besides windows with more basic no frills features for email, WP, picture storage, etc. If you post what your computer has here, someone is bound to be familiar with it.

Another option under the right click on the picture might read open or open with (the “with” being your picture storage program.
    Just thought about that-so rolled my eyes at myself!
    He's trying to do it from his phone.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The simple solution is to find a 10 year old boy and he’ll do it for you.

: )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=DaveMatthewsBand;232755]The simple solution is to find a 10 year old boy and he’ll do it for you.

: )

^^^^^x10 LoL!!!!
    It’s an undeniable fact!
    N
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TucsonJim View Post

His last question was, “How to get the pics from his phone to his computer.”
    I was trying to give him the process that works fairly quickly for me without having to use a sync up patch cord or a full-out dump of all the pictures.
    N
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TucsonJim View Post
    This is in Windows 10, when I left click on pic, nothing happens. When I right click the options are: Open link in new tab, Open link in new window, Open link in incognito window, Save link as..., and Copy link address.
    2014 Reflection 303 RLS
    Carriere, MS

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,
    Nancy asked me to chime in. My work computer runs Win 10, when I receive a picture through email, I can right click and s” save as”. This should allow you to save anywhere you want. In the left pane there is a pictures folder or you could choose desktop if that’s easier.

Are you using a program to access email or doing it on the web?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	216B969F-17E2-4617-983C-1C1DDBD625F3.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	1.08 MB 
ID:	19925
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast