Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy Time for a new hitch

Well after almost 10 years of service, my RBW Industries Li'l Rocker with Xtender has seen its last days. Not sure what I am going to be replacing it with, but am leaning towards a Reese R-20. I am just hopful that the rails that my RBW mounts with will match the mounting needs of whatever I install. I really don't want to go though the hassle of having to install new rails and fill holes in the bed of my truck. Anyone have any experience with the R-20?
    David & Linda - Plainview, VA
    2008 3500HD CrewCab DRW
    2014 369RL #258
    2007 Solstice
    2008 TrailBlazer
    2016 Kia Sorento
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking forward to the reply, because I'm going to talk to a guy about a hitch tomorrow.
    Ussuri Bruin (and his owners)
    2014 Ram Laramie Mega Cab 3500 DRW
    24K Pull-Rite SuperGlide Hitch
    2015 Momentum 380TH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All I can offer is that I've heard some bad things about the R20. We have a friend that just had a mishap from their R20 failing and opening up even with the jaws and handle in the locked position when they were pulling out of a campground. Over $4000 in damage to the truck and their Solitude. Insurance company is going after Reese's parent company. Made in China.
    Andy & Julie
    Gig Harbor, Wa
    2014 Solitude 369RL S/N 104
    2012 F350 SWR 4x4 CC 6.7 Diesel

pwrplay
    Take a look at the Curt Q20. I just installed a Q16 and it is nice hitch. it has fully articulate head on it which makes hitching very easy. You can also see if its locked in from the cab of the truck by a Red, Yellow, or Green indicators. It also comes apart easy to make it lighter to remove. My truck had holes in the bed from the previous owners rails and the Curt rail holes lined up almost perfect. I had to just make a couple of the holes in the bed a little bigger to line up easier.

Oh ya , it is also made in the US whereas I believe the Reese hitches are made in overseas.

DennisK
    B&W... Made in the USA!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have had two of the Pullrite hitches and love them. The way their jaw surrounds the pin completely is unique and very solid, giving me great confidence in the connection when towing. If you have industry standard rails in your bed they make a hitch that will fit. Also Made In America.
    Joel & Amber
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    2013 Ram 3500 Diesel SRW, 4X4 Tradesman

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2nd the B&W, great hitch and solid engagement of the jaws around the pin. You can easily see positive hookup and if the handle safety pins, it is locked in place. Also, rated at 20K. Quoted rating is for my hitch, a puck system for Ford, I believe it is the 3300 series.
    Don & Judy
    Charlotte - SPCA Special

2014 Reflection 303RLS
    2019 F350 Dually CC LB 6.7L

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have industry standard rails in your truck, check out the B&W Patriot. B&W is hard to beat in a fifth wheel hitch, they are easy to operate, and well built. Quality American made company.
    Steve and Schlonda- Virgie, Kentucky
    2017 Momentum 328M
    Morryde 8K Independent Suspension, Disk Brakes
    2021 GMC Denali 3500 SRW
    Airlift Wireless Air
    B&W Companion Slider

RetArmyMSG
    I did a lot of research before buying my Hensley MFG Trailer Saver BD3. So far I love it and it seems to be pretty protective of my 369RL. I literally look in the rear view mirror to watch how is absorbs the big bumps. In my opinion it was well worth the $. Check it out http://www.trailersaver.com/our-products/

Site Team
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    I did a lot of research when I bought my hitch. The B&W fan base is fanatical. So are the Andersen folks. I have a short bed, and a friend of mine wisely told me "Chris, buy a slide, and be done with it. Happy wife=Happy life." I put up the money for a B&W Companion Slider. I replaced the base twice due to the sliders screeching. I've been working with the factory, and we've determined the course of action to be lube. The slide rails are now lubed and I'm happier than expected. It's heavy, it's big, it's AWESOME, and I love it. It's so quiet and cushy. it's a breeze to connect, and I KNOW that my trailer is connected. There is no question about it.

Had I not needed a slider, I would have most likely gone Andersen. I love the engineering and the simplicity of it.

One thing I do recommend though is that if you're doing it...put in a B&W turnover ball. You'll never regret having it. I have just been asked by a friend to go pick up his sister's horse trailer. When I asked why my truck, he said "Because you're the only one I know with the ball." Easy enough for me!
    Ct..
    Chris Tretta
    Albuquerque, NM

2013 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4 6.7L Cummins
    2019 Grand Design 385GK
    2014 Grand Design 369RL - Sold
    Class A CDL, Doubles/Triples, Hazmat and Tanker endorsements

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast