User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RVLife68 View Post
    OP Also I suspect the weight difference in the 16k to the 18k is minor so I’d recommend the 18k as you’ll likely buy a bigger trailer. Well that’s what statistics say.
    Good point, any idea how much yours weighs?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ellenbenny View Post
    Good point, any idea how much yours weighs?
    The difference is~ 33lbs. 240 lbs on 16k vs 273 lbs on the 18k
    2018 F-350 6.7L diesel SRW CCSB Lariat with OEM rolling tonneau
    Pullrite Superglide OE Series #2914, Titan 55Gal Tank(midship)
    2018 Momentum 354 M-Class no mods yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Correction I wasn’t looking at the OE system. Great news. Looking like only 3lb difference 256 vs 259

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 303RLS and a Ford F350 CCSB with the pucks. The auto slider is a good choice but I chose a B&W Companion Slider which is not an auto slider. You will probably not need to use it often but I like to slide it into the rearward position when backing into my driveway and at the campground. In the rearward position when hitching and unhitching you have 12" more room between the tailgate (down) and the camper and can even walk from side to side between the tailgate and camper. An auto slider will be in the far forward position when the truck and trailer are straight. A manual slider in the rearward position is also more responsive (when straight) to initial steering inputs when backing closer to how a travel trailer reacts. Just something else to consider.
    Last edited by HighFive; 05-03-2019 at 05:52 AM.
    2019 303RLS Reflection 5th Wheel
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat 4X4 CC/SB/SRW 6.7L Diesel
    B&W Companion Slider Hitch

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd also recommend looking at the B&W Companion hitches. We love ours.
    2017 F-350 CCSB 6.7L
    2021 Micro Minnie 2100BH
    previously - Reflection 28BH, Intech Pursue

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HighFive View Post
    I have a 303RLS and a Ford F350 CCSB with the pucks. The auto slider is a good choice but I chose a B&W Companion Slider which is not an auto slider. You will probably not need to use it often but I like to slide it into the rearward position when backing into my driveway and at the campground. In the rearward position when hitching and unhitching you have 12" more room between the tailgate (down) and the camper and can even walk from side to side between the tailgate and camper. An auto slider will be in the far forward position when the truck and trailer are straight. A manual slider in the rearward position is also more responsive (when straight) to initial steering inputs when backing closer to how a travel trailer reacts. Just something else to consider.
    You raise some valid points. However, as “Newbies” to the 5er world and perhaps to towing in general. I’d recommend an auto slide. I feel the KISS formula will keep them out of danger. Having to move or pull extra levers and then forget to put the hitch in the forwards HIGHWAY position. Having to get out and pull a lever when you find yourself in a congested tight turn route. Say you end up downtown by accident. That’s not the time to be getting in and out of the truck. But holes beeping horns. Others just oblivious. No thanks. KISS for me. Just my opinion. Everyone has their own comfort zone

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Complete newbies here. My husband and I are completely new to Fifth wheeling. We purchased our new trailer today, and placed an order for a new truck. We are getting a Ford F350 Crew Cab short wb with Ford's Fifth Wheel prep package, and a Reflection 303RLS. Can anyone recommend what we need to buy as far as a hitch? We are thinking the Pullrite Superglide 2714 sliding hitch. What else do we need to get with it to make it work, and can you point me to any resources/videos to help us better understand what we need to know?
    Welcome and congrats on the new truck and 303 !

We have used a superglide since day one on our truck and 2014 303 and have been extremely happy with it. If you search the forums on superglide you will see a number of threads over the years. Along with the 2714 if you go that route, you will need a capture plate and this thread talks about this.

https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...=capture+plate

Below is the link to the Pullrite Capture Plate page showing the various capture plates needed for various pin boxes. You will want to verify which capture plate you will need. I suspect the pin box on your 303 (Lippert # 1621) is the same as we have and 303s (and other GDRVs also have) which will require capture plate # 331704.

https://www.pullrite.com/fit#QCCP-fit

There is also a video on the Pullrite site talking about and showing the Superglide in action. There are various videos on youtube as well.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RVLife68 View Post
    Correction I wasn’t looking at the OE system. Great news. Looking like only 3lb difference 256 vs 259
    Where do you find the weight specs on them, I haven't been able to find that info.

Also, does it come apart into manageable parts that are of a manageable weight for removal and install?

Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where do you find the weight specs on them, I haven't been able to find that info.

Also, does it come apart into manageable parts that are of a manageable weight for removal and install?

Thanks!
    If you are asking about the 2714 and 2914 hitch weights they both weigh 216 lbs. as noted on the page of the Pullrite site Tech specs. tab bottom right:
    https://www.pullrite.com/2714

The hitch head is easily removable @ 40 lbs. The hitch head tilt/swivel @ about 25ish lbs. is also removable by removing the large center pivot bolt. A little more work but not a big deal. It is a good opportunity to clean and re-grease as well.

If you click on the documents tab also lower area right, you can view the owners manual pdf. This document is also in the library tab of this forum.

Dan
    Last edited by Canyonlight; 05-03-2019 at 08:25 AM.
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toes in the water View Post
    If you are asking about the 2714 and 2914 hitch weights they both weigh 216 lbs. as noted on the page of the Pullrite site Tech specs. tab bottom right:
    https://www.pullrite.com/2714

The hitch head is easily removable @ 40 lbs. The hitch head tilt/swivel 9about 25ish lbs. is also removable by removing the large center pivot bolt. A little more work but not a big deal. It is a good opportunity to clean and re-grease as well.

If you click on the documents tab also lower area right, you can view the owners manual pdf. This document is also in the library tab of this forum.

Dan
    Thank you! I wasn't seeing the tabs on the bottom right!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast