User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Reflection 303RLS and new Ford F350 Crew Cab Short Bed with OEM puck system

Complete newbies here. My husband and I are completely new to Fifth wheeling. We purchased our new trailer today, and placed an order for a new truck. We are getting a Ford F350 Crew Cab short wb with Ford's Fifth Wheel prep package, and a Reflection 303RLS. Can anyone recommend what we need to buy as far as a hitch? We are thinking the Pullrite Superglide 2714 sliding hitch. What else do we need to get with it to make it work, and can you point me to any resources/videos to help us better understand what we need to know?

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never used that brand, but have heard good things about it. Most hitches dont come with a lube plate, so you might want to figure out which one to get based off which hitch you purchase. The lube plate is in place of greasing the top of the hitch like you see on big rigs. You will still need to lubricate the various grease fittings for the moving parts.

By the way, welcome to the forum.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ellenbenny View Post
    Complete newbies here. My husband and I are completely new to Fifth wheeling. We purchased our new trailer today, and placed an order for a new truck. We are getting a Ford F350 Crew Cab short wb with Ford's Fifth Wheel prep package, and a Reflection 303RLS. Can anyone recommend what we need to buy as far as a hitch? We are thinking the Pullrite Superglide 2714 sliding hitch. What else do we need to get with it to make it work, and can you point me to any resources/videos to help us better understand what we need to know?
    I have a F-350 CCSB with the pullrite superglide. Since I too have the OEM puck system I bought the 2719 (I think.....it’s in my signature). What ever your choice I’d make sure it’s an auto-slide. Oh and the superglide (and others need a catch plate)
    2018 F-350 6.7L diesel SRW CCSB Lariat with OEM rolling tonneau
    Pullrite Superglide OE Series #2914, Titan 55Gal Tank(midship)
    2018 Momentum 354 M-Class no mods yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you both, I will look into both the lube plate and the catch plate.

RVLife68, It looks like the #2914 is 18K GVWR and the #2714 is 16K GVWR. Our 303rls is lighter than your Momentum class so I think that is the difference. But otherwise you are happy with that setup?

Ellen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To the OP. Also if you have a CHMSL (camera that allows you to see in the bed of truck) that often come with trailer packages. Get a rolling or sliding tonneau cover; then you can see your pin for hook up. As newbies, watch lots of videos on hook up and more importantly unhooking
    Hey don’t forget to have fun too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ellenbenny View Post
    Thank you both, I will look into both the lube plate and the catch plate.

RVLife68, It looks like the #2914 is 18K GVWR and the #2714 is 16K GVWR. Our 303rls is lighter than your Momentum class so I think that is the difference. But otherwise you are happy with that setup?

Ellen
    I’m very impressed by the superglide. The catch plate and the pullrite only require a light spay of WD40

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the exact same setup. Picked up the truck two weeks ago, put on 1100 miles, got the trailer yesterday. Factory under-bed fifth wheel package and factory goose-neck ball and puck system. I went with the Anderson, and it towed the 105 miles home from the dealer like a dream. No chucking, bucking, wiggling or waving. Looking forward to the first trip next week
    Tom and Janice (known as Tom in PGH on the “other” forum)

First came the 18' Comfort bumper-pull, was great for 20 years.
    Now a 2019 Reflection 303RLS, second air, double glass, table and chairs
    2019 F350 Lariat (Diesel) 4x4 Crewcab with lots of goodies
    Andersen aluminum with the puck system holding it all together
    Cranberry Twp. PA, about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OP Also I suspect the weight difference in the 16k to the 18k is minor so I’d recommend the 18k as you’ll likely buy a bigger trailer. Well that’s what statistics say.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Richter View Post
    I have the exact same setup. Picked up the truck two weeks ago, put on 1100 miles, got the trailer yesterday. Factory under-bed fifth wheel package and factory goose-neck ball and puck system. I went with the Anderson, and it towed the 105 miles home from the dealer like a dream. No chucking, bucking, wiggling or waving. Looking forward to the first trip next week
    Just got curious do you have the same safe turning radius as a slider? As new 5er owner and suspect operators I’d recommend a. Auto slider

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum! And congratulations on your truck and trailer. We have had a 303 since 2014 and love it. We also have a short bed pickup; a Ram 2500 and we use a non slider B&W companion hitch. We’ve not had any problems without a slider but a lot of people use them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mike & Debbie
    Hot Springs, Ar
    2014 Ram 2500 4x4 Short Bed Diesel
    B&W Companion 5th Wheel Hitch
    2014 Reflection 303 (#405)

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast