User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We picked up our Transcend 26RLS!

On Wednesday we picked up our brand new Transcend 26RLS in Windham Maine and towed it home to Suffolk County Long Island! We also had the dealer install our Hensley Arrow hitch while we were there. I was going to do it somewhere nearby but due to the threat off rain we decided to have them do it. We had absolutely no issues with the trailer, everything seemed perfect. The dealer went through how everything on the trailer works. I had never driven such a large trailer before, so I took the trip very leisurely and I stayed mostly in the right lane. My Ram 2500 CTD pulled it with ease and I learned to love the diesel brake. Halfway home it started to rain and we still did fine. Since we took our time coming home we were passed by many large trucks going a lot faster that we were and we didn't experience even one ounce of sway, even in the rain. When we first started out we were getting a bit porpoising, so I pulled over and and I increased the tension on the weight distribution jacks and we were fine. It only took a few tries to back into my driveway and the only real issue that we had was backing the trailer up, in the dark while raining, thru the 10' gate at the end of my driveway into my yard. That took me a while but I finally prevailed!

It was a huge confidence builder for me knowing that I've successfully towed the trailer on Interstate 95 through Connecticut, Westchester County and New York City, then over the Throgs Neck Bridge and then on to the Long Island Expressway in traffic while raining! I have to say the Interstate 95 through eastern Connecticut, Westchester County and New York City has to be the absolutely worst road that I've ever driven on! Whoever is responsible for maintaining that road should be embarrassed and probably let go!

We have our first trip planned for next week at a local park on the beach. Its only 20 minutes from the hose. So now we are starting to pack the trailer and organize it. Since the wife and I both have really bad backs we already replaced the mattress with something a lot more comfortable.

I'd like to thank everyone for their help and guidance!

Bob

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Enjoy, we love ours.
    2019 Transcend 26rls
    2010 Nissan Titan w full tow package
    Rich & Sharon

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bob

Glad to hear things went well getting the trailer home. You will probably have to change your weight distribution hitch set up a couple more times to get it where you want it. After loading the camper and on you first trip loaded you might find it close or far off. If it is far off make a bigger adjustment , closer smaller adjustment. It will take a little to get use to but you will find that when you load a certain way you will know how to set up hitch. The backing up will take some practice as well , I have towed a lot and I still get bitten sometimes, there was another post around hear called "sometimes you have it , sometimes you don't" I think was the name but you get the picture.
    Enjoy the first trip and always any questions the support group is open 24-7.

Brian