Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any thoughts on these shackles?

This seems like an easy way to soften the ride for the trailer for people towing with 1 ton trucks...

http://sulastic.com/truck-shackle-suspension-sa-06

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigb56 View Post
    This seems like an easy way to soften the ride for the trailer for people towing with 1 ton trucks...

http://sulastic.com/truck-shackle-suspension-sa-06
    These are interesting but I believe the best bang for the buck and the softest ride will come from air springs such as from Airlift.
    MidwestCamper

Jim & Dawn
    Near Milford, Michigan
    2017 Imagine 2600RB
    2015 GMC Sierra 1500 Double Cab 4x4

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MidwestCamper View Post
    These are interesting but I believe the best bang for the buck and the softest ride will come from air springs such as from Airlift.
    Thanks, those are more affordable than I thought they were. My main interest is a soft ride for the TT, I certainly don't need any support for the load with my F-350, in fact I would exceed payload long before the rear springs would sag. Not sure how the air springs would work with my existing on board air, there must be a control kit though.

Funny when I posted the link to the Sulastic shackles I had never before heard of them, then the next day my Trailer Life magazine arrived and I opened it up and there they were!
    Last edited by bigb56; 05-13-2019 at 07:20 PM.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigb56 View Post
    Thanks, those are more affordable than I thought they were. My main interest is a soft ride for the TT, I certainly don't need any support for the load with my F-350, in fact I would exceed payload long before the rear springs would sag. Not sure how the air springs would work with my existing on board air, there must be a control kit though.

Funny when I posted the link to the Sulastic shackles I had never before heard of them, then the next day my Trailer Life magazine arrived and I opened it up and there they were!
    The airlift springs will provide a soft ride where they can keep the main spring pack off the helpers. They will also level out the truck which will put some weight back on the steer axle for better control
    MidwestCamper

Jim & Dawn
    Near Milford, Michigan
    2017 Imagine 2600RB
    2015 GMC Sierra 1500 Double Cab 4x4