User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi. After putting a pin in the decal I did try carefully to smooth the bubble out. The decal was stretched so bad that the bubble won’t lay down. As time goes on from the summer heat it is relaxing but still looks wavy. I also have small bubbles I put a pin in that still aren’t flat. I put the pin in the bubbles a month ago and our camper gets a lot of sun on that side. Good luck and enjoy your summer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beachcamper View Post
    After water came out did you smooth out the decal? I will be sending this into GD but wanted to get it somehow looking a bit better as we are traveling this summer and have no time to take to a dealer for repair.
    2018 Reflection 337RL / 2022 GMC Denali 3500HD CC LB Diesel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you so much. Will try that this week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	933F6710-12A2-4C97-9382-02D82D6E5064.jpeg 
Views:	10 
Size:	1.45 MB 
ID:	20937

Your advice worked and looks great, thank again! I waited until the heat of the day warmed up the decal which was not hard to do with high temps in the SE this weekend. A pin prick to the bubbles and smoothing with a plastic spatula. No water came out of big bubbles. I discovered the problem was at edge of roof trim and decal these did hold water. This area needed the decal smoothed out as it was not applied correctly and was wavy and bubbling in this area.
    Vivian
    2018 Reflection 303rls
    2018 Ford F-350 SRW Diesel

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 242 checkmate View Post
    Hi. After putting a pin in the decal I did try carefully to smooth the bubble out. The decal was stretched so bad that the bubble won’t lay down. As time goes on from the summer heat it is relaxing but still looks wavy. I also have small bubbles I put a pin in that still aren’t flat. I put the pin in the bubbles a month ago and our camper gets a lot of sun on that side. Good luck and enjoy your summer.
    Jim,
    The decals have I think a 5 year warranty, but you have to pay for installation. I would get a new decal from GD. Maybe your son could install it. I had one replaced, but mine was under the 1 year.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi. Glad to see your nice job repairing your decal. Thanks for the roof edge trim advice. I did smooth that area out some but I will keep an eye on the area. Ours is looking better. Let’s enjoy our summer. Thank You
    Quote Originally Posted by Beachcamper View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	933F6710-12A2-4C97-9382-02D82D6E5064.jpeg 
Views:	10 
Size:	1.45 MB 
ID:	20937

Your advice worked and looks great, thank again! I waited until the heat of the day warmed up the decal which was not hard to do with high temps in the SE this weekend. A pin prick to the bubbles and smoothing with a plastic spatula. No water came out of big bubbles. I discovered the problem was at edge of roof trim and decal these did hold water. This area needed the decal smoothed out as it was not applied correctly and was wavy and bubbling in this area.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Steve. Thanks for the information. My son suggested trying the pin idea first, then see what happens. I should get a new one under warranty just in case. We are going to River Ridge the end of July. Our son wants to come home and get his boat. A trip to Hidden Ridge is possible this fall. Nice to hear from you. Jim & Sherry tQUOTE=Superduty;241908]Jim,
    The decals have I think a 5 year warranty, but you have to pay for installation. I would get a new decal from GD. Maybe your son could install it. I had one replaced, but mine was under the 1 year.[/QUOTE]

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jim,
    Ah, River Ridge. Nice park. We leave Thursday for 16 days, Ludington, and around. Then home for 4 days then back up to Grand Haven, for a 4 day. (niece wedding). Might run into somewhere. Keep in touch

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12