User Tag List

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: New F-350

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I already qualify for X-Plan. I inquired to Ford marketing about the PCO yesterday and they said I could not ask for one but they are sent out according to customer loyalty etc.etc. I'm waiting to hear back from a dealer about one that he sent some info on.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomer58 View Post
    I already qualify for X-Plan. I inquired to Ford marketing about the PCO yesterday and they said I could not ask for one but they are sent out according to customer loyalty etc.etc. I'm waiting to hear back from a dealer about one that he sent some info on.
    The advice TheLexx gave you is spot on. I gave my local dealers a chance (twice!) but all they wanted to do is play games and charge me $200 for nitrogen in the tires. Not going to happen.

My first truck (new F-250 Platinum) was purchased from a dealer in Birmingham, Alabama. The second (used F-350 DRW) was from a dealer in Jacksonville, Florida. Everything was negotiated by email. The Jacksonville dealer even delivered the DRW to my home near Pensacola--I didn't even step foot in their dealership! (I won't do that again--long story I won't repeat here.)

Good luck with the hunt!

-Howard
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Howard - Can't wait to meet up, compare DRW'S and hear about that one. I thought that dealer's had evolved a little and were more direct with some of the things that they put out there. Nowhere in the ad did it say anything about prior military, law enforcement, first responder, or if you owned a Beagle. After we made a tentative deal, all of the sudden the price went up. When I told them never mind they came around to the price but all of the sudden the value of my trade dropped. I was born at night, just not last night. Lol

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't want to say anything because I don't want to jinx it so I'm not going to say anything

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Picked it up last night. 2019 f-350, 4x4, DRW, 6.7, Lariat, Crew Cab, 5th wheel prep package, White platinum met tri coat. Found several deals on the internet but they all seem to fall through when it came down to actual numbers on the trade. I found a dealer that was very receptive to my questions and I went with them. It was a 550 mile round trip to get the truck and I got home at 01:30 this morning. Lots of gadgets that will take some time to learn, yes I am driving down the interstate and I open the moon roof and can't figure out how to close it. The 8 foot box gives me room for my 41 gal aux fuel tank, my extra spare tire, portable grill, and a couple of storage bins for "stuff", and even a 5th wheel hitch. I want to thank everyone on here for all of your advice and experiences that you gave me. We have some delays with selling the house and going full time by August but it will all work out. Thanks again, hope to meet up on the road somewhere, Boomer.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats Boomer! You're going to love the truck!!!
    2017 Ford F450 - our kids call her "Big Red"
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 28bh

Seasoned Camper Dreamin' Dreamers's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes! Congrats Boomer!! It's sad dealers have to
    Play so many games-I think they come up with that crap while standing around all day. Marc from Keep your Daydream just moved up from a 250 to 450. It's all on YouTube. Indy?! I've been to the 500 twice =unforgettable!
    See you down the road!!!

DD.
    Duane, Mary Jo, and Milo the dog = Full Timers.
    2019 Ford F-350 Super Duty Lariat 4x4 6.7 psd
    2019 GD Momentum 351M
    2016 BMW R1200 GS

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations Boomer. I’m surprised you don’t already have a 48 gallon fuel tan like I do. Like you, I also still have issues figuring out the moon roof. I don’t use it much, so can’t retain which button does what!?

Great truck!
    Steve & Sue (pups:Sky & Sierra) Gardnerville, Nv
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS
    2017 Ford 350 CC 4x4 Lariat Superduty 6.7, Long Bed

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steve7 - When I got the 2017, it only had a 29 gallon tank which towing the 5th wheel was a real hassle to get fuel every couple hundred miles. I bought a 41 gallon auxiliary tank and put that in. It was the best thing I could have done. I removed the tank when I traded and will put it in this truck when I can. It only takes 1 1/2 hours to do. On the moon roof- it was the one option that I really didn't want. I am not really sold on it yet but it got backed in the garage and that is where it will sit for awhile until I am able to use it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You picked a winner Boomer! You won’t be disappointed! Congrats!

2017 Ford F350 DRW 6.7L Custom Ordered
    2018 GD Solitude 310GK
    40,900+Miles
    "Censorship reflects society's lack of confidence in itself." -Potter Stewart

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567