Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Torklift Stableload

Just purchased a set of these to try on my 2500hd. We own a 285bhts and anyone who tows a bumper pull knows you get a bit of bounce despite dialing in your weight distribution hitch to the best of your ability. This is very true on lovely NY State roads. Anyone have any experience with these? Good, Bad, no opinion? I like the concept and I am looking forward to giving them a try. While I wait for delivery, figured I would solicit feedback from other GD owners.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Moved to Tow Vehicles

Brian , moderator

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ButzerJ View Post
    Just purchased a set of these to try on my 2500hd. We own a 285bhts and anyone who tows a bumper pull knows you get a bit of bounce despite dialing in your weight distribution hitch to the best of your ability. This is very true on lovely NY State roads. Anyone have any experience with these? Good, Bad, no opinion? I like the concept and I am looking forward to giving them a try. While I wait for delivery, figured I would solicit feedback from other GD owners.
    I typed in "Stableload" in the search box (far right, upper end of this page) and then clicked the little magnifying glass icon. To my surprise there are several threads on this very topic in the archives. (I don't remember ever reading anything about these.)

Give it a try--and enjoy reading!

-Howard
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howson View Post
    I typed in "Stableload" in the search box (far right, upper end of this page) and then clicked the little magnifying glass icon. To my surprise there are several threads on this very topic in the archives. (I don't remember ever reading anything about these.)

Give it a try--and enjoy reading!

-Howard
    Hmm, I just tried that & didn’t get any results. [emoji31]. Using iPhone, will see if I can get better results on MacBook. Is there another search on phone? I used right corner ... & search - maybe it is only for this thread?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zadiemay View Post
    Hmm, I just tried that & didn’t get any results. [emoji31]. Using iPhone, will see if I can get better results on MacBook. Is there another search on phone? I used right corner ... & search - maybe it is only for this thread?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Odd! I'm using Google Chrome on a Windows 7 PC. Sorry, but I don't have any knowledge of how the forum works on an iPhone and I didn't like Tapatalk (too familiar with the interface on the PC in Chrome!)

Here's what I did and see:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stableload1.JPG 
Views:	5 
Size:	59.7 KB 
ID:	19926

Name:	Stableload2.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	83.8 KB 
ID:	19927
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Read through all comments prior to posting- anyone have experience with these pulling a bumper pull. Any improvement with bounce or proposing?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howson View Post
    Odd! I'm using Google Chrome on a Windows 7 PC. Sorry, but I don't have any knowledge of how the forum works on an iPhone and I didn't like Tapatalk (too familiar with the interface on the PC in Chrome!)

Here's what I did and see:

Name:	stableload1.JPG 
Views:	5 
Size:	59.7 KB 
ID:	19926

Name:	Stableload2.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	83.8 KB 
ID:	19927
    Howson
    Yes, that search option - I have & used that, when I am on my MacBook, and when searching stable load on MacBook I get the older results - However, when using my iPhone - TAPTALK - search in the upper right corner search it only pulls up this thread -none of the older threads. - I much prefer looking at this website on MacBook, than phone. But the Taptalk does make it easier to find the threads I have been following. .

Thanks for the visual! those always help.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We were slide-in campers until last fall. The Torklift Stableloads are big in the slide-in community. I used a similar method with extended bumpstops on my truck. For me om my 2008 Ram 3500 dually, the overload springs would only get "engaged" if the rear of the truck went down another 3" or so below level. Engaging them earlier added a lot more stability, four extra points of contact over just riding on the axel. It really helped eliminate the side to side rocking with the top heavy slide-in camper. Not sure if you'll get that benefit with a bumper pull, but it can't hurt. If you have any questions don't hesitate to contact TorkLift. They are a very reputable company and do everything to help their customers.

Doug
    2016 Imagine 2600RB "CLEO"

2016 Ram 2500 Megacab Longhorn

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I installed them on my 2005 Super Duty and loved them. I towed a pretty tongue heavy 35' bumper pull with that truck. I put a set on my '19 as well. With the 303 fully loaded, I still have a slight rake. On my recent (and first with this setup) 1700 mile road trip, the towing experience was rock solid. For me, they are a no fuss alternative to airbags. The truck sags less and has improved side to side stability. They cannot take the bumps out of the road unfortunately. On choppy roads, regardless of your setup, you're gonna get some "bounce", especially with a bumper pull.
    2019 F250 Platinum, 6.7, LB, FX4, High Capacity Tow Package
    B & W Companion
    2019 303RLS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was looking into these for my F150 a few months ago, but I was having trouble justifying the price. Also, since I hadn't received our trailer yet I thought I'd see how it performs first. Then I noticed the Stableloads are on clearance at Princess Auto (Canadian retail store with online sales as well), they're on clearance for $216.63 CAD plus shipping. At that price I figured I'd give them a try. Just thought I'd post it here in case anyone else was looking for them.

https://www.princessauto.com/en/sear...Ntt=stableload