Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Companion hitch plate not level L to R after towing

Anyone with B and W companion notice if their hitch plate is not level left to right? Will it self correct after I reconnect again. I will try to post a picture but I am far from tech savvy. It is seated all the way on the arms. Thanks. Joe

https://webmail.adamscable.com/?_tas...=2&_download=1

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine does the same thing it is no issue. The hitch head tends to stay in whatever position it moves to as you drop your camper. It does not have any type of re-center mechanism. B&W makes a great hitch just keep up with the little bit of maintenance (basically proper lubrication) and you will be good to go. Good luck!
    The Adams - 2017 Reflection 367BHS, 2019 F-350 6.7L PSD 4x4 CC DRW, B&W hitch on Ford pucks, Air Lift Loadlifter 5000 Ultimate Plus air bags, "Rupert" the Weimaraner.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph143 View Post
    Anyone with B and W companion notice if their hitch plate is not level left to right? Will it self correct after I reconnect again. I will try to post a picture but I am far from tech savvy. It is seated all the way on the arms. Thanks. Joe

I’ve had the same issue a couple times in the last 5 years. Generally it’s ok, but B&W is really good to work with, I would call them. Last year we made a point to call and drive to their plant, and they installed a new shock that keeps it level. They will also send you one to self install if you prefer. You will probably need to send pics to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mike & Debbie
    Hot Springs, Ar
    2014 Ram 2500 4x4 Short Bed Diesel
    B&W Companion 5th Wheel Hitch
    2014 Reflection 303 (#405)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes. The hitch tilts left-right as well as forward and backwards. It has to tilt to allow movement between the truck and trailer. As is mentioned above, there is no "self centering" for the side tilt, so it will stay at whatever angle it was at when you unhooked. There is a damper (shock absorber) for the side tilt, so it takes some effort but you can move it by hand.

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure what your link is to , it is some kind of login.

Brian

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks all. I did contact them and they right back to me. Said they would send me the shock absorber thing but told me it was normal. Thanks again.