User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

12v electrical issue on 380fl

Today discovered awnings and slides have no power. Appears converter related from my reading. Any recommendations? Also, where is the converter located on a 380fl?

Update today at 9:20 Eastern. Problem solved. I found the 15amp 12v blade fuse for the Monitor Panel (Convenience Center) in the converter box was faulty but intermittent and showed good when initially tested. When I checked it again it showed faulty. I'm surprised this is in the awning and slide circuit when labeled the “Monitor Panel” fuse.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Jimrbell; 05-08-2019 at 07:25 PM. Reason: Problem resolved same day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Feeds 12V to panel, then to the awnings. I'd guess we should only run 1 at a time.
    Kevin
    2019 Ford F350 DRW
    2020 Solitude 380FL-R

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    15amp fuse labeled "Monitor Panel" blew again this morning after moving awnings and 1 slide in. You may recall I posted this happened for the first time last week when we were preparing to depart for TN in the 5W. No issues getting slides out once in TN but happened again this morning after pulling awnings and one slide in. Fortunately, I have a good supply of fuses but need to determine why this is happening. Anyone have a similar experience or ideas? Unit is 3 months old so learning lots of things.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, found some others with the same problem under the General Discussion area of the Forum. Apparently, it appears I've been making two mistakes with the awnings: 1) pushing both awning retract switches (front and rear) at the same time resulting in a heavier current draw than designed for, 2) not being careful to let off both switches quickly when the awnings are fully retracted further creating excess current draw. You would think this day and age some fairly simple limit switches would be deployed to avoid this. Further confusion comes by virtue of the fact the 15a fuse is labeled "Monitor Panel" versus awnings and slides or the like!
    Jim & Deb
    Littleton, CO
    2015 Ram 3500 4x4 Long Bed Diesel
    B&W Companion 5th Wheel Hitch
    2019 Solitude 380FL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimrbell View Post
    Ok, found some others with the same problem under the General Discussion area of the Forum. Apparently, it appears I've been making two mistakes with the awnings: 1) pushing both awning retract switches (front and rear) at the same time resulting in a heavier current draw than designed for, 2) not being careful to let off both switches quickly when the awnings are fully retracted further creating excess current draw. You would think this day and age some fairly simple limit switches would be deployed to avoid this. Further confusion comes by virtue of the fact the 15a fuse is labeled "Monitor Panel" versus awnings and slides or the like!
    So true. Heavy rain coming in, i hit retract on both awnings while I had the interior light switch on. POP goes the fuse. LAME GD.
    Need more 15 amp fuses for the camper....
    Kevin
    2019 Ford F350 DRW
    2020 Solitude 380FL-R