Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We stream with our hot spot if available, otherwise we stare out the window watching the tumbleweeds go by!

We have never looked into the Chrome cast or Roku but are curious as well to how well they work.
    Last edited by Pawsitive Camping Life; 06-10-2019 at 12:23 PM. Reason: Hit reply to soon
    Former 2022 Solitude 310GKR w/8K axles & disc brakes, factory solar
    Formerly 2019 Reflection 230RL, 2019 Reflection 320MKS, and 2015 Outback Terrain 230TRS

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have read that, for Roku, one needs a minimum download speed of 3.0 Mbps for standard definition and up to 9.0 Mbps for HD content.

https://blog.roku.com/tips-to-improv...ur-roku-player
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sande005 View Post
    We're too infrequent to justify getting a dish. Usually a couple seasons of some TV series on DVD, and we're good to go for the trip.
    We use Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and OTA at home.

But, the last couple of supply runs for the next trip has shown that retail DVD sales are quickly becoming a thing of the past. Especially since they will primarily be used in the RV with the stock TCL TV and Furrion player, so paying for 4K is kind of a waste.

We expect to be in many places with no wifi, cell or antenna reception.

We have iphones and ipads with tons of capacity.

Any recommendations for a "download to phone and send to TV screen " solutions?
    I download to iPad from Amazon Prime & Showtime, then use this and plug in to the TV HDMI slot. Works nicely. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Apple-Lig...tning/44705398
    2018 Solitude 310GK-R
    Titan Disk Brakes, MorRyde SRE 4000 with X Factor Crossmember
    2022 GMC 3500HD Duramax Crew Cab, 4x4, SRW 6’ box
    Factory 5th/Gooseneck Prep with 20K Reese Goosebox

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markb777 View Post
    I download to iPad from Amazon Prime & Showtime, then use this and plug in to the TV HDMI slot. Works nicely. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Apple-Lig...tning/44705398
    Curious as to how you download from Amazon Prime. I have done that with Netflix. Love our Roku!
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markb777 View Post
    I have lightning ports on my PC laptop. Wonder if this adapter will work. Being an analog man in a digital world can be trying at times.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jims94vmx View Post
    Curious as to how you download from Amazon Prime. I have done that with Netflix. Love our Roku!
    If you have amazon prime, you can download some of the movies like you do from netflix. Works the same. Probably need their app on your device. Just go to video area.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most folks I know are using Chromecast, ROKU and/or Amazon Fire. Most also say there is minor to moderate low signal issues going that route. We use Directv at Home, so we bring a receiver and portable dish along...from the back of the DTV receiver, I send HDMI to the Livingroom TV and "component out" out to the tailgating TV (both on same channel, great for watching sports). If you ever decide to go the satellite route, hit me up...I've found some great accessories that take most of the pain out of setup.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12