User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirdmillennium View Post
    Thanks for this detail...much appreciated. - the 12v heat pads are another option I was considering. May I ask what model you installed the above on? I have a 21' XLS 17MKE and I may be limited for space and weight of the polyisocronate insulation boards...Thankfully I live in North Texas and the lowest I've seen was a freakish 1F a couple of years ago!
    I installed the polyisocronate om my Palominio Sabre 30BHDS, and on my present momentum. I comes in different thicknesses from 1/2" to 2" I used mostly 1". In some places it was easier to the several layers of the thinner 1/2". This is a totally custom project as no two coaches are the same.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntindog View Post
    I installed the polyisocronate om my Palominio Sabre 30BHDS, and on my present momentum. I comes in different thicknesses from 1/2" to 2" I used mostly 1". In some places it was easier to the several layers of the thinner 1/2". This is a totally custom project as no two coaches are the same.
    Many thanks!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi all, I jumped on here to see if anyone was having the same problem as me. I have a 2022 Momentum 376 THS and there is little to no flow from heat vent coming to my bedroom. There is a little flow in bathroom but all the other vents seem to blow good hot air. My dealership has had my unit for almost 3 months. Someone has dropped the ball on getting the issue fixed but I was trying to see if my unit specifically has this problem to see if it's a design flaw or what. Looks like GD has helped to fix Ekellyjr123's problem. Hopefully, they'll fix mine as well. The dealer mentioned that GD won't fix design flaws...for the price I paid for this unit, they freaking better!!! so frustrated.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EKellyjr123 View Post
    Quick update on my 17MKE. The dealer was able to get the underbelly off and found the duct work that feeds the bedroom had been reduced is size to 1 1/2” and had little airflow. Working with the folks at a Grand Design they made the following changes that appear to have solved the issue. First they sealed up around all the ducts at the bottom of the furnace. They installed another 1 1/2” run on the opposite side of the coach. There was no room next to the original run. They put in a y and connected to 2 runs before the vent. They also put a damper on the vent in the bathroom. This increased the com to the bedroom. I wanted to thank Ansley RV and Grand Design for their work to correct the problem. Much appreciated.
    We just bought a 22MLE and tested the heater at 19 degrees. Heat flow is definitely weak and I'm glad we saw this post.
    We couldn't find any Heat vent at the bed but will have to look again. Anyone tell exactly where it is?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by C and a View Post
    We just bought a 22MLE and tested the heater at 19 degrees. Heat flow is definitely weak and I'm glad we saw this post.
    We couldn't find any Heat vent at the bed but will have to look again. Anyone tell exactly where it is?
    It's located on the street (driver) side of the bed base. If you're not getting good flow you could pull the drawers that are over the furnace to inspect the duct connections. There should be 3. Bed, bathroom and underbelly.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    It's located on the street (driver) side of the bed base. If you're not getting good flow you could pull the drawers that are over the furnace to inspect the duct connections. There should be 3. Bed, bathroom and underbelly.
    Thanks. We found it. We only feel a little air, very little.
    We pulled the drawer out above the furnace and don't feel any air leaks. Puzzled now on what to do to get heat.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We get just a little air flow out of the bed vent also. But you should be getting plenty from the main one on the furnace though. Is there good air flow coming out of the vent on the furnace? That is really the only one you need for that floor plan.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    We get just a little air flow out of the bed vent also. But you should be getting plenty from the main one on the furnace though. Is there good air flow coming out of the vent on the furnace? That is really the only one you need for that floor plan.
    The flow at the furnace is pretty good but definitely is not enough to heat the camper in decent time when cold outside (19F).
    Last time it took a good 6 hours to get up to 65

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If all goes according to plan (dependent on Mother Nature), I should be de-winterizing mine by mid-April. I can measure the heat coming out of ours so that you can compare with yours.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123