Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2600RB shower faucet and head mod

We wanted a little more shelf space and to not have to fiddle with the water temperature. Had to brace the back of the shelf inside the wall with a couple short 2x4's. The shelf is Azex, faucet is a Grohtherm 1000 2-Handle Thermostatic Shower Valve Trim and the shower head is Grohe 27243001 Euphoria 110 Massage Shower Set. The 3/4 to half adapters that come with the faucet are screwed through the Azex and glued. The trailer 1/2" connections just screw onto the back of the assembly. I put a drop of plastic epoxy on those connections to insure they didn't loosen. It uses 2GPM.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ShowerFaucet.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	83.3 KB 
ID:	19990

It's a wide angle lens. Makes the shower look huge!

James

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, I have the same unit: 2600RB, loving it a bunch. I thought the shower wall seems sort of weak to support much of a shelf and
    want to do a similar thing as you have done. I have a question, how is that plastic wall held up? What did you have to do to unfasten
    it so you could get behind and add the supports you mentioned?
    Thanks for any advice!
    MY

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Once the original shower control was off I enlarged the hole and just put short sections of 2x4 in through the hole for support and to screw to. IIRC I could attach 1 support piece to the stud on the left side. I did not remove any existing fasteners.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WackyPup View Post
    Great job! Don't you just love the thermostatic mixing faucet? I try to get everyone to install one. They really make showering in a camper/rv so much nicer. Couple it with an oxygenics showerhead and you've got luxury If anyone wants to see photos of an install into a Grand Design shower, I've took a bunch of photos and wrote up instructions on removing the existing shower controls and installing the thermostatic faucet. Too many pics for here, but I wrote up an article here: https://wackypup.blogspot.com/2019/0...pscale-rv.html The wall behind the plastic shower enclosure is pretty much the same wall everywhere in the camper, luan plywood. Sturdy enough, but easily braced if you want more security. If you want any more info, just ask.

Liz
    What a great How-To! Thank you so much - I've placed the thermostatic faucet and hose in my Amazon cart and will be buying after our next camping trip. No more scalding or freezing moments while showering!

Bob
    2019 Imagine 2400BH
    Progressive Industries Hardwired EMS, RV Airflow, MicroAir EasyStart, MaxxAir Fan
    2021 Ram 1500 Bighorn EcoDiesel CC short bed
    Anderson Weight Distribution Hitch