User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ProPride-Equalizer

As I mentioned before I had bought a new Equalizer 4 point sway 1400 lbs Weight Distribution hitch for my new trailer. And some may have followed previous posy about the multiple trips to the CAT scale. Well I made a few decisions and a few assumptions.
    1. Based on current available payload I decided to look to replace my 3/4 ton truck with a 1 ton and probably DRW.

2. The Equalizer I purchased does not do a very good job at sway control and not happy that every time I adjust the weight in my trailer/truck I need to change out some washers or move brackets..way to much work for me. If I can eliminate the sway completely why not?

3. Its unfortunate that we have to do research then make a purchase of something to determine its not the right fit/setup. I spent close to $700 on the Equalizer just 3 months ago through etrailer and they will not take it back cause I installed and Equalizer will not take it back cause I bought it through etrailer. So now I am stuck with $700 worth of steel.

4. Decided to purchase the ProPride 3P hitch, spoke with Sean and will tell you he took all the time I needed to answer my questions and from all of the forums I've read he has outstanding customer service. Would even take it back if not right for me.

Sorry not trying to bad mouth any company or talk negative just wanted to ensure people know my experience and understand even if you do some research and buy something it may not be the correct setup for your rig.

As many have stated on this forum, there is a huge difference in "advertised weights" and "actual weights" of any trailer. That also goes for trucks, if you think your current truck has enough payload really crunch the numbers before you buy a trailer. I see it everyday people pulling rigs down the road and you just wonder did they weight anything or do they even care if they are within the "legal" weight limits. To each their own, I not only try and look out for my safety but others on the road as well.

Have an open mind and do not be afraid to say this is not working and try something else. May hurt a little in the pocket but safety and having an enjoyable driving experience is priceless.
    Brian-USMC Retired
    2019 Reflection 297RSTS
    2019 RAM 3500 Laramie MegaCab-4x4 DRW-AISIN
    Propride 3P Hitch
    Spokane, WA

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by reeldirtydawg View Post
    May hurt a little in the pocket but safety and having an enjoyable driving experience is priceless.
    Good on ya, Brian!

Those of us in the TwoTimeTV Club (and the lofty members of the ThreeTimeTVers) understand completely about the "hurt a little in the pocket"!

If it helps any, I also fumbled on the WD hitch the first time, too. Sold it for pennies on the dollar. I've since learned my lesson and do a LOT of research looking for the "gotchas".
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)