User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Television Reception

Any useful suggestions on using tv antenna to pick up channels? Same with cable hook up, does the booster really work?

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The booster is for over the air signals, not cable. There is an app, DTV Antenna, which shows you broadcasting stations and direction. Use that to figure out a starting point of where you should aim the antenna and then it's more of a trial and error process to fine tune the signal. Some TVs will show signal strength and some need to have the auto program ran when you change the antenna position.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use an app on my phone "TV antenna helper free" and it downloads all of the area tv stations and gives you their strengths and direction on a compass map so you can aim your antenna in the right direction. TV antennas with signal strength meters seem like a good idea until you find out that every area has a super strong local channel that may or may not be in the direction of a larger city station. I haven't been thrilled with the new low profile antennas but the app helps you get what you can.
    2019 Reflection 303RLS
    Ford F-250
    Demco Hijacker hitch

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The booster has to be on to use the over air antenna.

It also needs to be turned off when using park cable.

The newest of the new "antenna" is pretty awesome. No cranking up or down, or even rotating.

You won't even know it is there, it looks like half of a plastic bucket on the roof.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    The booster has to be on to use the over air antenna.

It also needs to be turned off when using park cable.

The newest of the new "antenna" is pretty awesome. No cranking up or down, or even rotating.

You won't even know it is there, it looks like half of a plastic bucket on the roof.
    huntr70 maybe you can tell me where to look for this mythical booster button lol. I have a 2019 Solitude 375 RES. The tv picks up the local channels very well so I'm assuming the booster is on but I'll be darn if I can find it. The antenna is in the front bedroom and no green lights or buttons in the front or rear main tv area anywhere. Any ideas where it might be? Thank you and sorry if I hijacked!
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Txfivver View Post
    huntr70 maybe you can tell me where to look for this mythical booster button lol. I have a 2019 Solitude 375 RES. The tv picks up the local channels very well so I'm assuming the booster is on but I'll be darn if I can find it. The antenna is in the front bedroom and no green lights or buttons in the front or rear main tv area anywhere. Any ideas where it might be? Thank you and sorry if I hijacked!
    It's easiest to see when the TV is lowered into the cabinet. The main TV has it.

If you look behind and to the left of the TV, you should see the coax hook up, and the plate has the push button on it for the booster.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ahhh ok thank you!!! That's probably the one place I didn't look! This site is amazing
    Jeff

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    It's easiest to see when the TV is lowered into the cabinet. The main TV has it. If you look behind and to the left of the TV, you should see the coax hook up, and the plate has the push button on it for the booster.
    @Txfivver, we have a different trailer, ours is inside the cabinet next to the cabinet containing the factory DVD player.

Maybe @huntr70 has already nailed the exact location of yours, but if not you're looking for a dark plastic wall-plate (like a home light-switch plate). It will have at least one cable connector sticking out of it. It will also have a tiny, impossible-to-see, push-button switch on it. Push it in to turn it on and a green LED should light up on it. Push it in again to turn it off.

If you're already receiving good local reception it's turned on. Look for the wall plate with the green LED on it. Turn it off to use park cable. Park cable probably gets connected to your trailer at a labeled connector near your water Nautilus panel.

Good luck.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the tips boyscout, I appreciate all the help. Looks like I'll have to go on a little "easter egg hunt" for this button this weekend. I must say they sure can pack a lot of switches and wall plates and whatnot into 41 feet of trailer lol!
    Jeff

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Txfivver View Post
    Thanks for the tips boyscout, I appreciate all the help. Looks like I'll have to go on a little "easter egg hunt" for this button this weekend. I must say they sure can pack a lot of switches and wall plates and whatnot into 41 feet of trailer lol!

Very hard to see in the picture, but this is the wall plate with the booster switch on the face. The electronics are behind the plate. The switch is a very small brown (same color as the plate) right beside the coax cable in the picture. The green light (lite when booster is on) is just above it. It is not lit this picture. In our 2018 Solitude 310GK, this is in the cabinet next to the radio/DVD player in the overhead cabinets. I beleive the booster works for both the main and bedroom TV.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9118.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	82.6 KB 
ID:	20004
    Hope this helps.

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast