0 Thread(s)

Alone again in the mud with no Joe!

First weekend of 5 at our local CG!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BBBC441E-CB47-4D08-BC2A-36E609CF6DB6.jpeg 
Views:	27 
Size:	145.2 KB 
ID:	20013
    Even the seasonals are staying home, I think because of the wet and resulting black flies. Citronella oil torches and candles kept them at bay. However, before we could get them out and light them, we had the devil of a time trying to level Granny up.

Name:	EEC0F073-D4E4-4E6B-9101-498100D2F353.jpeg 
Views:	28 
Size:	152.8 KB 
ID:	20014
    Whoever said they never had a problem with Anderson’s sliding should see this. Both slid about 2 feet before the back one finally stopped and promptly sank in the mud. After 3 more tries in different spots, trying various underlayments for the levelers, the best we could do was put the bubble on the spirit level in the middle of one line. We hoped the refrigerator would forgive us.

Name:	8BC6D028-994B-4496-BB8E-1B76A188C83E.jpeg 
Views:	26 
Size:	151.2 KB 
ID:	20015
    That neighbor parked right there last fall (we THOUGHT we saw him pack up and leave, but did he really?) and he clearly couldn’t get level, right on the edge of the road.

Next morning, Saturday, we fire up the Keurig, but it’s tripping the GFI. Off to get a coffee maker. Sunny day coming, we’ll hook up and re-work the leveling problem after it’s dried out a bit. While shopping, roaming through automotive, look what’s on a clearance shelf, winking up at me? Goodyear, tri-fold, heavy rubber traction strips-pack of 2, 3’ long! Meant to get you out of tricky ice and snow situations! Ha! The powers that be WANT us to level our trailer! Worked well, and we even had time visit the Children’s Garden in Ithaca and bike around the park along the river before a well-deserved happy hour!
    Lesson: don’t store your coffeemaker in your trailer over winter, but if you forget and ruin it, stop and look around, there may be something helpful you should notice!
    N
    Last edited by Houndbb; 05-12-2019 at 01:17 PM.
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I carry 2 boards in the truck that are 12” x 48”. Lay them on the soft ground then pull the trailer up onto them.
    Next, we use the rubber mats that came with the Andersen’s, and put the ramps on top of those. No sliding. Weight of trailer is dispersed across boards which is a much larger area than just the tire contact patch.
    Works every time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I got really fed up with the Andersen levelers slipping and sinking. Back to 2x8's for me.

And I believe a cowboy coffee pot is a necessary item in any RV.

Jim

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TucsonJim View Post
    I got really fed up with the Andersen levelers slipping and sinking. Back to 2x8's for me.

And I believe a cowboy coffee pot is a necessary item in any RV.

Jim
    This is Bruce’s fave-cowboy coffee! We used to make it when we camped in a tent, and not on a camp stove, either! There’s a trick to not letting it boil over on a campfire! Tastes all that much better, warming by the fire, watching the sun come up!
    N
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMatthewsBand View Post
    I carry 2 boards in the truck that are 12” x 48”. Lay them on the soft ground then pull the trailer up onto them.
    Next, we use the rubber mats that came with the Andersen’s, and put the ramps on top of those. No sliding. Weight of trailer is dispersed across boards which is a much larger area than just the tire contact patch.
    Works every time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    In hindsight, we knew our destination and should have been prepared, but just had a “cooped up for too long” brain fart. Like the dimensions and will keep a couple in the barn for when we embark in rainy weather.
    N
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could be worse. You could be alone and stuck in the mud.
    2018 Reflection 315RLTS
    2023 F350 Lariat 6.7L/CC/LB/FX4

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We both have deep tread, aggressive tires on our vehicles (to get up our driveway in winter). The truck’s treads filled up pretty quickly, and for a moment or two we were stuck (spinning in 4wheel low). It is really pretty down there-a creekside area called Walnut Grove.

Name:	51748E92-1B11-4DFB-B6F0-2A81430AA4E8.jpeg 
Views:	8 
Size:	1.43 MB 
ID:	20049
    We’re usually on the end, but someone beat us to our usual site for Memorial Day (we could have had it for the first 3 weekends, but then we’d have to move). We have the drier, better draining site for fall, but they’re stalling on taking my reservation for next spring, because they’re thinking of delaying their opening next year (as it’s been so wet).
    Anyway, these things really came in handy.

Name:	EB15023A-3A16-4E91-90E1-B43F800F4231.jpeg 
Views:	15 
Size:	1.40 MB 
ID:	20050
    N
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L