User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We finished our second trip and I've got a few questions and concerns.

My wife and I just got back from our second trip (to Gettsyburg PA) with our new Transcend 26RLS and we had a few issues and questions that I'm hoping that you folks can help with.

I actually noticed the first two issues when we were packing up to leave. When I opened the door to the pass thru storage compartment I noticed that there was a small amount of water on the floor. I'm not sure where it came from, but I suspect that the it came from the passenger side door because the gasket isn't in the best of shape. I will look into it further today.

I noticed the second issue when I was looking for a better place to store the wrench that is used to lower the stabilizers. I thought that I could install some sort of bracket on the top outside storage compartment (on the wooden struts that also support the bed). That's when I noticed that the wooden strut one closest to the passenger side is badly cracked. Its cracked directly under the side clothes cabinets in the bedroom, so there is no way that we did it. It had to have been broken during manufacturing and the person that did it, knew that they did it. If this was my only issue I'd fix it my self and I still may. I could easily sister (glue and screw) a beam on either side of the broken strut. I have very good carpentry skills, so this would be an easy fix for me, I just don't know how me fixing it impacts the warranty.

I noticed my third issue after we had everything all set up at camp, water electric, sewer connected, etc. and I sat down outside to have a "beverage". That's when I noticed water dribbling out of what I thought was the fresh water tank drain (a white PVC pipe with a shut off. The valve was similar to the ones on the black and grey tanks, only it was white and it was pulled open. I went over to check the setting on the valve that you move between city water and the tank and it was correctly placed on "city water". So I'm thinking that the valve must be leaking water into the fresh water tank...right?? I guess it could also have crud stuck in it. I was reluctant the fiddle with it in fear of it breaking outright. Any thoughts?

Now I've got a few questions that I can't seem to find anything about in the manual about.

I thought that my 26RLS only had one 78 gallon grey tank, but when I look at the control panel I see a button for two grey tanks. So do I have two grey tanks? If so are they tied together some how? I only see one grey water dump valve?

While sitting outside the trailer on the ground I noticed a strange port on the black propane line (I traced it back to the tanks) that had a small lever on it. The port looked very much like a an air hose coupler. Can I use this port to plug in our small gas grill (with an adapter hose)? Which way if the lever supposed to be? I'm thinking perpendicular to the fitting is closed? I hate using those small 1-lb propane tanks.

Thanks

Bob

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you take it to the dealer for repairs there is no telling how long it will be before you get it back.

Monitor the water carefully, some of us have had leaks where the soft hose is attached to the PEX fittings. Be sure where the water is coming from.

I would fix the wooden strut my self.

The water dripping could just be debris in a valve, operate the valves to put water in the fresh tank a couple of times, dump the fresh tank and see if it clears the problem.

We have only one grey tank but the monitor panel lists 2, I think it is a standard panel used across several models so it has all possibilities built in. I am not sure on your unit but there will be someone along shortly to verify if you have 1 or 2 tanks.

The port on the propane sounds like one of the low pressure (regulated) connectors which are for grills or stoves that do not have a regulator built in. We have a grill that uses one of those and it is very convenient. Open is when the handle is lengthwise to the fitting, closed is crosswise of the fitting, like a ball valve.
    2022 Reflection150 226RK
    2022 F150 Powerboost hybrid with 3.5L Ecoboost

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As close as the kitchen sink is to the bathroom I would think you only have 1 grey tank. Look around on the street side bottom of the trailer for another valve or hose connection , this will confirm if you have a second tank.

As stated above the propane connection is a quick connect. These are handy to use and like you said you don't have to carry extra bottles.

I also would fix the broken wood part , should not void warranty at all.

Brian

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The water dripping out of the white pipe, sounds like the fresh water dump valve. Assuming yours is like mine, it’s about two inches in circumference and when you pull the valve, all the water will quickly dump from the fresh water tank (if you had it filled). If the valve is leaking when it’s closed, make sure it’s not coming from the overflow pipe first. Then I would open and close the valve a couple times to be sure nothing is stuck in it preventing good closure, as stated above. Other than that, attention to the gate valve may be needed.
    Steve & Sue (pups:Sky & Sierra) Gardnerville, Nv
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS
    2017 Ford 350 CC 4x4 Lariat Superduty 6.7, Long Bed

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I looked underneath the trailer and there must be two gray water tanks and one black tank. There are two 1-1/2" black pipes, one coming from the back and one coming the front that converge where the black tank waste port is. I'm thinking that that bathroom sink and shower are connected to the front tank and back is connected to the kitchen sink. Since there doesn't seem to be any check valves between the two tanks, I'm sure that they fill up together and basically act as one tank.

As for the fresh water issue, it seems to have resolved. When I noticed the water dripping, which was quite a bit I went and turned off the water to the trailer. Then switched the "use city water valve or tank water" valve that is located in the drivers side of the front storage compartment back and forth a few times. Then I turned the water back on and there was still some water dripping from the fresh water tank (the valve was open), so I closed the valve. I didn't want people walking by seeing water dripping and figured that we could use the water somehow. During our trip I kept watching the fill meter and it didn't register anything, so I left it closed. Then today I went underneath and opened the valve and less than a cup of water came out. So I'm thinking that there was crud in the valve that cleared and issue is no more! :-)

While under the trailer, I noticed a piece of paper curled around the gas line. When I unrolled it gave instructions about the quick connect gas port. Now to order a conversion gas hose for the grill!

I have a bunch of modifications planned for the trailer, that I hope to finish before out next trip. So far, we've replaced the awful mattress that came with the trailer with a Casper mattress from Costco. The mattress is 12" thick, so it does make the bed a tad high, but it's very comfortable. I also installed a Progressive Industries surge and electrical protector behind the main fuse panel and put the display right next to the main control panel. Now we can instantly see if the power is okay and how much we are drawing. I plan on replacing the cheap wafer board that in under the end the bed that lifts with a better grade of plywood. I'm planning to make it a tad bigger so it better supports the end of the mattress.

All in all we are very happy with the trailer!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd be surprised if you didn't have two dump valves for your grey tanks. I have two grey tanks on my 2400BH and the dump handles are clearly marked on the "drivers" side of the trailer.

I'm also planning on upgrading the mattress and the wafer board in the next few weeks.
    ~Peter

Ford F-250 6.7 CCSB (tow vehicle), Imagine 2400BH, Cadillac Escalade 6.2 (family vehicle), BMW X5 (daily driver), Porsche 911/996 (weekend toy)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Below is a picture taken underneath the trailer. I hope the pic clear enough. You can see the two smaller black pipes join just before the valve. I was too surprised its this way.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190523_113611400_HDR.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	98.9 KB 
ID:	20264

Question about using the propane quick connection. Where is the gas regulator on the camper? Is it on the tank or on each appliance that uses the gas? I'm trying to figure out if I can use this hose (https://www.amazon.com/Sturgisafe-Throwaway-Bottle-Hose-100476-120PKG/dp/B00MJV2JOI/ref=sr_1_20?keywords=gas+hose+for+propane+grill+qu ick+connect&qid=1558627738&s=gateway&sr=8-20)
    on my grill. It looks like the one end just screws onto the grill where the tank would go and the other end would plug into the trailer quick connect gas fitting. I read the Q&As and saw the following

Question:
    I don't get enough pressure to be able to bbq, flame is very low. any suggestions, or is the product defective? (is just a hose)

Answer:
    If you are supplying the barbeque from an RV or a large propane tank that already has an LP regulator then you must remove the regulator from the bbq.
    [COLOR=#767676 !important]By Steve Tirrell on June 23, 2018

[COLOR=#767676 !important]

[/COLOR]

[/COLOR]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It sure looks like you have two tanks and one dump valve.

The LP pressure regulator is up front by the tanks. This is the hose I'm using for my BBQ: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    I had to purchase the correct hose ends separately. This is also the hose that I use to power my propane generator.
    ~Peter

Ford F-250 6.7 CCSB (tow vehicle), Imagine 2400BH, Cadillac Escalade 6.2 (family vehicle), BMW X5 (daily driver), Porsche 911/996 (weekend toy)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pjmjunior View Post
    It sure looks like you have two tanks and one dump valve.

The LP pressure regulator is up front by the tanks. This is the hose I'm using for my BBQ: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    I had to purchase the correct hose ends separately. This is also the hose that I use to power my propane generator.

Where you able to keep the regulator on the grill or did you have to remove it?

What type of propane generator do you own? This is on my buy list!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My BBQ didn't have a regulator. From what I understand, if the BBQ has a regulator it has to be removed.

I have the Champion Dual Fuel 3400W, https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01FAWMMEY..._bST5CbEZMY4VF.
    ~Peter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast