User Tag List

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Results of our first camping trip in our new 26RLS.

I thought that I should post the results of our first camping trip with our new Transcend 26RLS. Let me begin by stating that we had a fantastic time, we wish we'd stayed longer.

I have to say that it was a tad difficult hitching my truck up to trailer, but I expected that because we are using Hensley Arrow hitch. They are a bit more complicated to hitch up than a typical hitch, where you lower the trailer on to the ball. Once we realized that we had to angle the Hensley by adjusting the jacks, we connected easily. It took us no time to hitch up on the way home. The morning that we left to go home from the beach, the winds were blowing hard and gusting like mad and we didn't get one once of sway on the way home. Even with the wind and big trucks passing us like we were standing still, the trailer was rock steady! The Hensley Arrow lived up to its reputation. As for our 26RLS trailer, everything worked flawlessly. We used the bathroom, shower, heat, the stove, oven, microwave, everything except the AC, but we tried that when we picked it up. It was a snap to level up the the trailer using the Beech Lane Levelers. The only issue that we had with the trailer was that we were missing the little 50 cent plastic guide that keeps the bedroom sliding in line and we weren't that crazy about the hand held shower head hose (its a tad too stiff).

Any suggestions on a shower head and hose replacement?

Lastly I'd post a pic of the view out the back window of trailer, but I can't figure out how to do it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BeerBrewer-

Sounds like you had a good first trip, glad you enjoyed the Hensley, have heard nothing but great reviews on them and the ProPride.

Shower- we were not impressed with the factory installed shower either and upgraded to the Oxygenics 26481 Brushed Nickel Body Spa RV Shower Kit on Amazon for $45. It made a huge improvement on the amount of water pressure and we are glad we made the switch

Above you will a icon that looks like a window..if you hoover the mouse over it you will see "insert Image" if you click it then select if you want to upload the file from your computer or insert a URL it will insert your picture. You can do a search for inserting pictures and it will walk you through it
    Brian-USMC Retired
    2019 Reflection 297RSTS
    2019 RAM 3500 Laramie MegaCab-4x4 DRW-AISIN
    Propride 3P Hitch
    Spokane, WA

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Happy for you. Sounds like you had a great, trouble-free time and good weather to boot. We’re jealous, waiting for this “warmer, drier than normal” NE weather prediction to start!
    N
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    reeldirtydawg ..... Thanks for the info!

Below is a picture that I took out the back window of our first camping trip with out Transcend 26RLS. The pic was taken at Smith Point, NY.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190508_194817417_HDR.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	90.8 KB 
ID:	20033

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice...looks inviting. State Park or Private? Mind sharing the location?

Side question- Any specific reason you went with Hensley over ProPride hitch?
    Brian-USMC Retired
    2019 Reflection 297RSTS
    2019 RAM 3500 Laramie MegaCab-4x4 DRW-AISIN
    Propride 3P Hitch
    Spokane, WA

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The park is called Smith Point, it's a Suffolk County park on Long Island. It's public, anyone can camp there, but residents get a cheaper rate. The picture is of the sunset over the bay. The park sits on a narrow piece of land with the bay on one SD idea and the Atlantic Ocean on the other.

The Propride and the Hensley are very similar hitches, both designed by the same man. We actually bought a refurbished Hensley Arrow directly from Hensley and it was considerably cheaper than the Propride or a new Hensley. Once in a while Hensley will sell a refurbished hitch. They replace all of the bearings and warn parts, repaint it, sell them at reduced rate and still offer a lifetime warranty. I stumbled onto the hitch and had to buy it, even though we didn't own a trailer yet. It's been sitting in my garage for months! There are some subtle differences between the two brands. Propride offers an adjustable Hitch bar, whereas Hensely's come in 2" increments, but they have an exchange program. If you do buy either one, you should consider also buying the "Hitch Helper" (https://www.hensleymfg.com/product/hitch-helper/). With this under the your jack, you are able to move the nose of the trailer a couple inches either way making it easier to align the hitch bar (some call the stinger) into the hitch box.

You can't go wrong with either hitch!
    Last edited by BeerBrewer; 05-13-2019 at 03:14 PM.