User Tag List

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

297RSTS New Owner Questions. Roof Vents

Upgraded from a Forest River to the Grand Design after much research and have some quick questions on the roof vent covers. On my FR the roof vents disintegrated in two years so I am looking to cover the kitchen and bathroom vents with Maxxair type covers. Does anyone know which vent cover has enough clearance for the auto fan cover in the kitchen? I don't want it to open and get squished by the cover not being tall enough. The bathroom should not be an issue as it will be manually opened. Also is the skylight over the kitchen island likely to be damaged by UV and if so is there a cover solution for it?

Thanks

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Use the Maxx Air Fanmate cover. It is made to clip into the existing posts on the vent.

The skylight is what it is....it will dry out over time, but their really isn't anything you can do about it.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As Huntr70 mention the Maxx Air covers will provide enough space for the cover to open. I installed Maxx Air of bathroom and in Kitchen, can posy pics when I get home.
    Brian-USMC Retired
    2019 Reflection 297RSTS
    2019 RAM 3500 Laramie MegaCab-4x4 DRW-AISIN
    Propride 3P Hitch
    Spokane, WA

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m not sure if the vent cover I bought for the MaxxAir fan vent was a Fanmate as huntr70 stated, but it was the larger model of the two. The electronic vent cover will come into contact with the additional one added, but will not damage anything. It is open almost all the way. Love the vent covers.
    Steve & Sue (pups:Sky & Sierra) Gardnerville, Nv
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS
    2017 Ford 350 CC 4x4 Lariat Superduty 6.7, Long Bed

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi! Cahriad had the same problem with the vents on my FR trailer. I had the Maxxair vents installed just because of that close call.
    2013 Ford Eco Boost CC ( previous)
    2016 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
    2019 Reflection 297 RSTS