User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Front landing toggle switch not working for retraction

Just thought I's throw this out as I'm puzzled and thought the GD community might have a few tips or hints.

I have a 2016 GD Reflection 308BHS. I went to take it out of storage over the weekend and for whatever reason, the front landing toggle switch wouldn't work for retracting. No problem for extending (ie. pressing the toggle down), but nothing on the retract (toggle up). I had to manually raise it. Checked the fuse (10a) and no problem there. Batteries were fully charged.

I got under the trailer and tried wiggling the wires hoping that would do something but nothing worked. Assuming it's some sort of a wiring issue at the point.

Any advice and/or tips??

Cheers!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Others have posted a loose wire at the switch, or a bad switch. Just pull the switch and you should hopefully see the issue.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    Others have posted a loose wire at the switch, or a bad switch. Just pull the switch and you should hopefully see the issue.
    Thanks for that - I'll give it a go. The rear is now doing exactly the same thing. Extending no problem, won't budge on retracting. Bizarre....

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like the switches are broken. They have a little pin underneath the rocker and it breaks either while raising or lowering the landing gear. It works ok in the other direction, at least for a while. You can pry off the rocker portion of the switch and see how it works. A nail stuck in the hole that the pin normally occupies will allow you to toggle the switch in either direction until you can get a replacement.
    Jim & Georgianne
    N. California
    2016 Reflection 29RS
    2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty PSD
    B&W Companion hitch
    Rubber turtle with no name

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J&G garage View Post
    Sounds like the switches are broken. They have a little pin underneath the rocker and it breaks either while raising or lowering the landing gear. It works ok in the other direction, at least for a while. You can pry off the rocker portion of the switch and see how it works. A nail stuck in the hole that the pin normally occupies will allow you to toggle the switch in either direction until you can get a replacement.
    X2^^. Had to replace both switches on our rig a couple of years back - ordered them off Amazon and now carry spares.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    X2^^. Had to replace both switches on our rig a couple of years back - ordered them off Amazon and now carry spares.

Rob
    x3 replaced one on my 2015 308BHTS and carried a spare going forward until I sold it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My switch went bad after 6 month. GD sent me a replacement.
    2020 Reflection 337RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, thanks to everyone that replied. Amazes me how lousy these things can be built sometimes. I'll have a close look today and hopefully get it solved. Appreciate all the help!

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Here's one (of many) broken switches I've dealt with:

Jim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got it dialled. Front toggle switch just needed readjustment and a bit of wiggling and the rear toggle was in fact broken. Thanks for everyone's help - much appreciated!