Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: South Louisiana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with Dave and Monica. I too felt as if the Grand Design product was better built then the competitors of the same price point. I looked at three different units out there with the same floor plan as this 350M. The reason we chose this one is because of the build quality I felt we were getting. All manufacturer use the same sub componets to build the unit, it's just with better care that I feel Grand Design builds theirs better. The only thing with Grand Design, is I do think you get more features in the other units to I guess make up for the lack of build quality.

But altimightly what made me finally buy this unit was what I saw when I opened the door (or what I didn't see). See these units get built then shipped to there dealer by pickup trucks. Well if you live closer to the manufacturer, the unit doesn't travel as far. Down here in South Louisiana, these units travel a great distance. Well I got to look first hand at this unit and another unit that literally just got to the dealers lot that morning, nothing was done to them yet. When we opened the door to the other unit, it had molding that fell off from the trip, doors that didn't close right, other piece of wood laying in the garage that I had know idea what it went too. But, then we walked into this unit and everything was still in place, no molding falling off, no wood trim out of place, no extra wood laying around. They both traveled the same distance, and if Grand Design made that first leg unharmed and the other one didn't. What's that going to be like 1 year down the road or even the next day. This is why a Momentum sits in my driveway now.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well my wife fell in Love with it as soon as she went in side the 385th. No matter what I said. But the reason we were looking at it was because of the 2 axles and not 3. So she liked the interior and I liked the axle configuration. We both liked the quality we saw in the one we looked at. But it was sold. We ordered one. Came in 4 weeks later and as GD350M. I actually passed it coming into town at 7am on 167 as I was going to work. It was only unhooked from tow company truck 2 hours when I got to look in side and nothing was on floor everything where it needed to be. That made me feel better. Plus tires had proper pressure in them also.
    Hootie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I currently own the 379FL. I traded in my 380TH because my doctor said I shouldn't ride anymore. Bad knees. The price difference was only $about $8K.
    KZ and Terry Kleinheitz, Mississippi Gulf Coast
    Meka and Prissy (Social butterflies in Dachshound bodies)
    2015 379FL Solitude
    2014 Ram 3500, Crew Cab, Laramie, Cummins, Auto, 4X4, Long Bed, DRW, Andersen Hitch

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12