User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is the Samsung. Current draw is rated at 10 amps per manual.
    Charlie
    Vickie & Charlie
    2019 310GK-R
    2020 RAM Longhorn DRW Cummins /Aisin

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 2018 310-GK (not "R"), and have been full-time since August. We have been VERY happy with the rig. Other than what I would call routine maintenance (have to replace the seal in the toilet this weekend), we have had very few problems. The one I have commented on most has been a pattern of over torquing various fittings. The most serious was a propane flare nut that split. That was easily fixed by a mobile tech, which GD covered.

As far as the tires go, it has already been mentioned that they are G rated. We have approaching 16,000 miles on ours (I think I said 18 last week, but that was the truck), and we have very little noticeable wear. According to the folk at RVSEF who weighed us on a per-tire basis at last summer's Indiana rally (GO!), these tires are rated at 4,080# load at 110# inflation which is the recommended pressure. I'm zealous about monitoring the pressure, and about watching the total trailer weight. I like to hit a CAT scale about once a month.

The biggest drawback to the 310 from our standpoint is the relatively small cargo carrying capacity. Not volume, but weight. Check the difference between your dry weight (on the label of the one you're looking at, not the catalog which is almost guaranteed to be lower) and the GVW of 15,000#. This is something I wasn't aware of enough when we were shopping. If we do decide to upgrade at some point (no current plans to), we'll get something with more CCC, even if it means going a bit longer.

Hope this helps.
    -Al
    Al and Kathe
    House: Bass Harbor, Maine
    Home: Wherever we're parked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Highlighted states are those we have camped in for at least one night in our Solitude.
    2018 Solitude 310GK 110463 (Rhett) / 2018 F350 CC DRW 4x4 Lariat (Scarlett)
    Follow us: http://lobstersontheloose.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Al,

Not having a 310GK I am curious what is your actual UVW weight? On the website it 12,100.

Thanks
    Rich

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ours came in around 12,225. Cargo capacity at 2770.
    Charlie
    Vickie & Charlie
    2019 310GK-R
    2020 RAM Longhorn DRW Cummins /Aisin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Rich,
    Welcome to the forum, you will find a lot of very nice people here who are more than willing to help you if they can!! We purchased our 2019 310 in Sept 2018 and absolutely love it!! It does not have the central vac or the trailer hitch, ours was built in July of 2018 so I guess it was before they added those items. Our actual UVW at the time of purchase was 12,210. We picked it up from the dealer and drove directly to the CAT scales so it should be pretty accurate.

You should check all the king pin bolts and landing gear bolts for correct tightness, I think the landing gear bolts should be torqued at 85#ft and the king pin should be at 160#ft during your PDI. I wished I would have checked ours during the PDI but did not think of it at the time. I checked them about a week ago and some of them were very loose.

Good Luck with your purchase, I hope it all goes well!!

Brian
    Brian and Susan
    2019 F-350 Dually
    2019 GD 310GK

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12