Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slide out "out of whack"

So today I was doing some cleaning in the trailer and noticed the passenger side slide out was a little out of alignment. The forward top is closer to the wall and the bottom is further out. The rear top is next to the wall and bottom is further out but still closer than the forward side. Is there a way I can align them or do I have to take it back to the dealer (that's not really optimum due to time right now.)?

Thanks,
    Wade
    Wade & Silke- Falcon, CO

2011 Dodge Ram 5500

wlesage
    The manual says this needs to be done by a certified technician. Personally I would leave this task to the service department at your dealer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Out of whack by how much? Looking from the inside or the outside? Is it leaking? Is it scraping? What kind of rig is it?
    Andy & Julie
    Gig Harbor, Wa
    2014 Solitude 369RL S/N 104
    2012 F350 SWR 4x4 CC 6.7 Diesel

Al~and~Dave
    Are you talking about a Schwintek slide?

It is a common issue with this type. Check out our FB page as there was a long discussion involving GD reps and techs: Grand Design RV Owners

Alison & Dave
    Georgia, VT
    2015 Solitude 379FL
    2013 GMC 3500HD SWR 4x4 CC 6.6 Diesel

wlesage
    What's the page?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The page they are talking about is the Facebook page for GD Owners. If you have a Facebook account, you can find
    it at https://www.facebook.com/groups/
    Per our community policy, please do not mention the other forum. If you would like to understand why, please read this discussion: https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/showthread.php/23897-Announcement-about-our-name-change?p=237174&viewfull=1#post237174
    /

I just got on it today. I haven't finished reading many of the recent posts, but I did find this about the Schwintek
    slide mechanisms. It reportedly comes from the Lippert website.
    SLIDEOUT TROUBLESHOOTING
    AND COMPONENT REPLACEMENT
    To resynchronize the slide motors
    1. Fully extend the slide room using the switch. Keep the switch engaged until the motors shut down on
    their own.
    2. Retract the room 1-2 inches.
    3. Repeat Steps 1 and 2. In many cases, two or three repetitions are necessary to re-sync the system.
    NoTE: When the motors are in sync, they will shut down at the same time.
    4. Fully extend and then retract the room. Again, always let the motors shut down on their own before releasing the switch.

Another piece of advice is to extend the Schwintek equipped slide(s) BEFORE the 5W is unhitched and retract them AFTER it is hitched to the TV - in other words, extend or retract without the weight of the front on the landing gear.

I will be trying this since I have had some alignment issues with the bedroom slide on my 337.

It is my understanding though, that this ONLY applies to the Schwintek equipped slides, which on my 337 is just the bedroom.
    The original post in this thread was not clear on which slide it was on his 5W.
    Ken & Wilma
    Central Maryland
    2014 Reflection 337RLS #439
    2011 F250 CC 4x4

Al~and~Dave
    That is correct. I went looking for info on the Lippert website.

Please ask to join our FB page.
    We have over 200 members since end/July including GD reps, salespersons and dealer techs.

Alison & Dave
    Georgia, VT
    2015 Solitude 379FL
    2013 GMC 3500HD SWR 4x4 CC 6.6 Diesel

Harlech
    If it is a hydraulic slide, I had to adjust my kitchen slide as the back side wasn't adjusted properly. It isn't that hard to do on the hydraulics, just loosen the hardware up and either have someone push the slide from inside or use a pry bar to get it to where it needs to be then tighten it back down. It took me two attempts to get it to seal up against the wall properly.

ohman_stm
    FWIW, last week returning from a camping trip, and hastily trying to get unloaded and ready for work on Monday, I didn't accurately level the camper like I normally do. When I bumped in the hydraulic slide for my kitchen and dinette, I noticed the non-door side slide, was "out of whack", specifically, the bottom protruded out - it was obviously not right. Re-leveled the camper (like I should have done properly to begin with), bumped out and then back in, and the slide came back in flush. That's what i get for rushing...

Not sure if this is the same/similar situation to yours, but thought I'd offer.

Al~and~Dave
    Wondering if you are leveling your rig before you open up the slides. A whole conversation about this on FB.

I'm not comfortable with this type of forum.

Alison and Dave
    Georgia, VT
    2015 Solitude 379FL
    2013 3500HD GMC CC SWR Shortbed Diesel

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast