Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Keebler View Post
    While McGuiars makes excellent products this particular one is not the one I would choose, except as a maintenance application between a thorough waxing/sealant application because they are designed as a maintenance product and as such do not last very long. Another reason to consider is these type products because they come pre-mixed and ready to use are quite expensive, particularly when you consider the size of an RV, even a small RV. Here are what I have used for years on boats and RV's with great success https://www.amazon.com/Meguiars-M613...38572716&psc=1 followed by this https://www.amazon.com/Meguiars-M633...14883149&psc=1 followed by this to boost the shine and help catch residue I might have missed in buffing.https://www.amazon.com/Meguiars-M942...5&sr=8-1-fkmr0
    Last edited by BB&LAB; 09-13-2019 at 11:38 AM.
    Regards, Bruce, Lin An, Kenji & Suki (Our two Akitas)
    2019 Solitude 310GK-R
    2015 Ram 3500 Big Horn CC, TD, Aisin Tranny, DRW

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BB&LAB View Post
    While McGuiars makes excellent products this particular one is not the one I would choose, except as a maintenance application between a thorough waxing/sealant application because they are designed as a maintenance product and as such do not last very long. Another reason to consider is these type products because they come pre-mixed and ready to use are quite expensive, particularly when you consider the size of an RV, even a small RV. Here are what I have used for years on boats and RV's with great success https://www.amazon.com/Meguiars-M613...38572716&psc=1 followed by this https://www.amazon.com/Meguiars-M633...14883149&psc=1 followed by this to boost the shine and help catch residue I might have missed in buffing.https://www.amazon.com/Meguiars-M942...5&sr=8-1-fkmr0
    Unfortunately, these products are all designed for use on smooth surface, like a boat or traditional aluminum RV. They are applied and then buffed or rubbed off. So I don't think that these will work on the rough exterior finish on the Transcend trailer. Since I own a Transcend 26RL I emailed Grand Design them if they could recommend a wax. I will spare you all the lengthy email trail. They initially said “We don’t make recommendations on 3rd part products because we aren’t as familiar with what all that is out there “. After several more emails she reluctantly said the following "The engineering group is telling me a wash and wax soap solution."

So I called Mequiar and since the trailer has rough a baked on painted finish they suggested using Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic Wax. Apparently is does not require buffing off. So I'm told, you clean the trailer first, then spray on the Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic Wax and then imediatly hose it off with a very strong spray. Has anyone used this wax?

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerBrewer View Post

Unfortunately, these products are all designed for use on smooth surface, like a boat or traditional aluminum RV. They are applied and then buffed or rubbed off. So I don't think that these will work on the rough exterior finish on the Transcend trailer. Since I own a Transcend 26RL I emailed Grand Design them if they could recommend a wax. I will spare you all the lengthy email trail. They initially said “We don’t make recommendations on 3rd part products because we aren’t as familiar with what all that is out there “. After several more emails she reluctantly said the following "The engineering group is telling me a wash and wax soap solution."

So I called Mequiar and since the trailer has rough a baked on painted finish they suggested using Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic Wax. Apparently is does not require buffing off. So I'm told, you clean the trailer first, then spray on the Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic Wax and then imediatly hose it off with a very strong spray. Has anyone used this wax?
    I watched Meguiar's video on this product and will probably give it a shot. Basically wash then spray on and hose off the first time, then spray on and wipe after a wash off as needed.
    2020 Transcend 27BHS
    2011 F150 SCREW 4x4 Offroad 3.73, Elocker, Ecoboost
    Gas a Just rear shocks / 5 star Adapative/Performance tunes
    Equalizer 10k hitch

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have used Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax. I have the bottle right in front of me now and will type in the directions:
    The car should be cool to the touch and in the shade:
    1) Wash your car with and Meguiar's car wash, following the directions on the label.
    2) Rinse the vehicle thoroughly of all wash soap.
    3) Spray Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax over all exterior surfaces.
    4) *Starting at the roof, use a strong stream of water to rinse the vehicle a second time. The hydropower of this rinse will spread the product, coating all the exterior with our Hybrid Ceramic protection.
    5) Dry the vehicle with a quality microfiber drying towel, like Meguiar's Water Magnet.
    *For the initial application of Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax, skip step 4 (second rinse) & go directly to Step 5 (dry), using a clean dry towel for the final wipe. This establishes a foundational layer of protection & beading that will be enhanced with subsequent product applications using the wax as you rinse method.

In my opinion, the Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Wax product is WAY easier to apply, and can be applied in direct sunlight (that helps me a lot). I found that the Ceramic product required more effort during the wiping to remove the residue, where the Quick wax leaves no residue.
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which would last longer Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax or Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Wax?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't answer that question. Just because it goes on thicker, my intuition tells me the ceramic lasts longer.

I go through the Blue Beacon washes ~ 6 times over the course of the season and use the Quik Wax twice a year, and I am pleased with my finish.

I'd say it take me about 60-90 minutes, using the Quik Wax, onto a microfiber mop using a telescoping handle (no ladder). I spray the mop head and work it into the finish.
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used McGuires Spray Wax. Doesn’t last real long, but goes on and comes off easy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it helps, for the Xplor line I saw the GDRV TV video which says you don't wax. But the owners manual says every six months. I am leaning towards not waxing it at all, just a good wash.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So far I've been impressed with the siding. After one year it is staying clean and I've only sprayed it off once at a car wash. Does not seem like it needs anything other than an occasional wash.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't wax a Transcend at all. It doesn't seem like the kind of finish that would benefit from that. Too much texture. But it does require a lot of washing, it gets dirty quick.
    Current: 2021 Transcend 261BH, 2019 Ford F250 SRW SWB CC 6.2 - Picture
    Previous: 2016 Jayco X213, 2014 F150 EB 3.5

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast