Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good car wax to use on Transcend exteriors?

I am putting the summer coat of wax on and it is really hard to get the paste wax to buff off because of the textured surface. Has anyone found a good product to use?

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Since the Transcend line is still pretty new, and we don't have a lot of owner/members on the forum yet, you might be the guinea pig. If you find a product that works well, please share it so future members can benefit from your expertise.

Jim

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeofIowa View Post
    I am putting the summer coat of wax on and it is really hard to get the paste wax to buff off because of the textured surface. Has anyone found a good product to use?
    Meguars Ultimate Wash and Wax. No need to do all that rubbing.
    MidwestCamper

Jim & Dawn
    Near Milford, Michigan
    2017 Imagine 2600RB
    2015 GMC Sierra 1500 Double Cab 4x4

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Be careful with any product. Try a small area first. Is the "tin" on the Transcend a gloss finish or a matte? The product you use may make a difference depending on how the trailer's gloss is finished.

Jim

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We own a Transcend 26RLS and it has a kind of a matte finish, I'd almost call it a "rough finish". I'm not even sure how anyone would apply any sort of a buff off wax finish without creating a nightmare for themselves. So I really like MidwestCamper's idea of using Meguars Ultimate Wash and Wax.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The detail shop at our dealer told us a wax would leave a chalky film as you could never get it all buffed out. I used Meguiar's Gold Class Car Wash. What pissed me off was the black streaks that we got after owning it for a little over a month. I could not get them off. Same detail shop told us me they use a buffer and 3M compound to get them off.

I posted this in another thread as well but Meguiar's Ultimate Compound and a hand pad took them off very easily and no apparent damage to the exterior that I can see.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MidwestCamper View Post
    Meguars Ultimate Wash and Wax. No need to do all that rubbing.
    Yes wash and wax products are easy to apply, however they are not a substitute for a good application of wax or sealant because they are designed to be a maintainer and to put a bit of shine with the wash.
    Regards, Bruce, Lin An, Kenji & Suki (Our two Akitas)
    2019 Solitude 310GK-R
    2015 Ram 3500 Big Horn CC, TD, Aisin Tranny, DRW

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BB&LAB View Post
    Yes wash and wax products are easy to apply, however they are not a substitute for a good application of wax or sealant because they are designed to be a maintainer and to put a bit of shine with the wash.
    This is true but the wax and sealant doesn't work real well on this finish. It leaves a residue which is no fun to get off - because of the type of "rough satin finish" we have.
    2020 Transcend 27BHS
    2011 F150 SCREW 4x4 Offroad 3.73, Elocker, Ecoboost
    Gas a Just rear shocks / 5 star Adapative/Performance tunes
    Equalizer 10k hitch

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you are doing it by hand it cam be a harder job to remove the residue, but doable. Success depends on a number of factors, including not applying wax or sealant in direct sun, not applying too much at one time - better to do 2 light coats than one heavy coat and after applying the wax letting it haze over then buffing it and not waiting too long after it hazes over. If you are doing it by hand while possible with many of today's products, you will find it easier and much better for a number of reasons, to use a random orbital machine.
    Regards, Bruce, Lin An, Kenji & Suki (Our two Akitas)
    2019 Solitude 310GK-R
    2015 Ram 3500 Big Horn CC, TD, Aisin Tranny, DRW

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast