User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chiefblueman,
    I have joined the GD Forum recently due to less than 3500 miles on a new set of Goodyear tires wearing out on the road side. This is after a tire failure last year and new higher capacity springs were installed. I have a 303 RLS with closet, refrigerator and pantry all on the road side. We are in Minnesota from California so 2000 miles away from home. My wife had to fly back home for work and I am staying at my daughters house. GD is sending new springs and spring hanger via Amish horse drawn cart to the RV service where they diagnosed the issue. Here is the link to bent and broken spring hangers on the GD forum. GD told me it is easy to overload the trailer and that we really need to weigh the trailer when fully loaded to prevent spring and spring hanger failure. I have weigh my trailer loaded (not fully loaded because the refrigerator was empty) and the weight was well below maximum. See link below.
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...!?goto=newpost

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can’t talk to the Grand Design but can talk from experience with a different trailer. Wheel alignment and how the axles are mounted to the frame is a big deal. My previous single axle trailer, new would run about 3000 miles until the corners were rubbed exposing steel belt. There are no alignments for my trailer and looking at the GD design, for their’s. The axis was bent into compliance. I would suggest have a commercial trailer repair shop check your alignment. There may only be two or three in Washington state that can do it, but these guys are setup to do heavy duty commercial vehicles. What was said above is correct. You will never run the tread off your tires. Too many chick holes, shoulder berms, and crap in the road that will make you replace tires before tread ware.
    Bill & Marsha
    2020 Reflection 320 MKS
    2018 2500HD Silverado 4x4
    Not All Who Wander Are Lost

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123