Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bathroom lights not working

The ceiling lights on my 384 GKR suddenly stopped working. These are the ones controlled by the wall switch, not the push-button one over the sink. The fuse is fine--as it should be because all the other lights in the front of the unit are fine. Any thoughts on the issue/solution? Does anyone know how to get into the wall switch so I can explore where the current is stopping?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Correction: in case it wasn't obvious, the title should say Bathroom lights not working.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wannabervin View Post
    Correction: in case it wasn't obvious, the title should say Bathroom lights not working.
    Fixed the title .
    Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. Now, if I could just get a response!

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The wall switches typically have a trim piece that pops off so that you can get at the screws to remove the switch from the wall. There is usually lots of wire to bring the switch out to where you can check for voltage on the input and output sides. Could be the switch, could be the light fixture, could be the power feed to the switch.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    The wall switches typically have a trim piece that pops off so that you can get at the screws to remove the switch from the wall. There is usually lots of wire to bring the switch out to where you can check for voltage on the input and output sides. Could be the switch, could be the light fixture, could be the power feed to the switch.

Rob
    So, I just work a putty knife in behind the trim and it should pop off?" I don't want to break anything. Been there, done that too many times.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wannabervin View Post
    So, I just work a putty knife in behind the trim and it should pop off?" I don't want to break anything. Been there, done that too many times.
    Exactly . . . it should take very little force. The screws underneath will be “square drive” (#2 Robertson to be exact). Most of your trailer is put together with these screws .

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. I’ll give it a try tomorrow.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had the same issue with my 384, one of the two wires popped off the switch. Took 15 seconds to fix

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrich82 View Post
    Had the same issue with my 384, one of the two wires popped off the switch. Took 15 seconds to fix
    That's exactly what it was. Took a little more than 15 seconds, though. The lower screw on the switch only hit half the backerboard, so it would not remount securely. A plastic cat food can cover died a hero and provided the backing. Thanks for the help.