User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

G614 TPMS Max Temp Setting

I searched the forum and web, couldn't find an answer. Anyone have the specs from Goodyear on what the max safe operating temperature is in the G614's. I want to set my TPMS high temp alarm and not sure where it should be. I called Goodyear and the results were disappointing. Answers were we dont sell trailer tires, we dont have those tires, never heard of G614's, call our commercial division which is for fleet service etc. I have emailed them and we will see if I get a response.
    Chris and Debbie
    St. Charles County, MO
    2007 Dodge Ram Cummins DRW
    2015 369RL Solitude

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the same Goodyear tires on my 310GK and set the temps for 140 and had them go off in Texas in the summertime. I finally settled on 160 and that seems to work. I monitor for the difference in tire temps more than a max temperature thinking that if a tire was going to fail it would have a higher temp the rest of the tires. I never had a blow out so I guess I was successful.
    Dennis & Ellie
    Current 2017 Newmar Ventana Class A & 1994 Airstream Excella Classic Limited Project
    Sold - 310-GK-R Delivered 28 Oct 2016
    2016 GMC Denali 1 Ton Diesel SRW Payload 3727LBS B&W Hitch

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have a TPMS that relies on transducers screwed onto the valve stems I'm not sure how you would set the high temp alarm as the tread temps runs much hotter than the air temp at the tip of the valve stem. I've seen the tread at more than 50 degrees higher than my TPMS indicates. The type of transducer that attaches the wheel is probably more accurate.
    Jim & Georgianne
    N. California
    2016 Reflection 29RS
    2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty PSD
    B&W Companion hitch
    Rubber turtle with no name

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The paper work that came w/ my TST 507 is factory set @ 158 F, and they recommend leaving it there. So far in our travels I haven't seen it anywhere near that (97F max to date)
    Rich
    Rich And Janet (no dog or cats, 8 grandkids but not with us all at once)
    Onalaska, WA
    2011 F350, 4X4, B&W hitch
    2016 Solitude 300GK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They did finally respond. Their answer was keep the tires at 110 psi and do not exceed 70MPH. They do not publish temperature ratings and said most trailer tires do not have temperature ratings published.
    Chris and Debbie
    St. Charles County, MO
    2007 Dodge Ram Cummins DRW
    2015 369RL Solitude

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich T View Post
    The paper work that came w/ my TST 507 is factory set @ 158 F, and they recommend leaving it there. So far in our travels I haven't seen it anywhere near that (97F max to date)
    Rich
    I have the same TST. Down here in TX I see 120-125 rolling. The ambient tire air temp in the mornings usually @ 90 degrees