Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quartzsite 2017 Rally

Hello everyone, I am organizing the rally for Quartzsite in January of 2017. The dates of the rally will be January 18th, 19th and 20th. The rv show in town starts on the 21st. During the 2016 rally a few people commented that the rally running concurrent with the rv show was a bit much for everyone so we decided to spread it out. The location will be on the BLM land, same as 2016 approx 5 miles south of town. (same general area that is). Once the date gets closer we will have a better idea of a more exact location. Please remember that this is a dry camping event with NO hookups. There is an rv park in town Rose's Rv park which does allow you to dump and fill fresh water for a fee of $10.00 (of course the price can change). I do ask that if you are on facebook then please go to the Grand Design Owners page and locate the event then click join. If you have joined in the facebook page then no need to mention it here. Trying to keep as accurate of a number as possible. I will do my best to respond to everyone in a timely fashion, 24-48 hours. However with work and traveling it may take longer. Please feel free to reach out to Kathy Marker as well, she has been nice enough to offer to help facilitate on this forum as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I know several years ago, you could get your tanks pumped by the honeywagon in the quartzite area. I wonder if that's still an option?

Jim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TucsonJim View Post
    I know several years ago, you could get your tanks pumped by the honeywagon in the quartzite area. I wonder if that's still an option?

Jim

Hi Jim...

Hope Ginnie is doing well!

I also remember a honey wagon that could be called to dump your RV but I haven't seen one in several years. Maybe someone will pop in with current info. Since the GD Rally won't be very long folks probably won't need to dump if they're careful with their water use.

Hope to see you both at the Rally.

Kathy
    Jim and Kathy Marker - Ramona, Ca.
    2014 Solitude 369RL #1277 (AKA - "Tudee")
    2014 3500 Ram Laramie HD Dually Crew Cab 4x4 -6.7 Cummins with Aisin Tranny (AKA - "Big Foot")
    50 gal Transfer Flow Auxiliary Tank
    Curt Q24 Hitch
    2002 2500 Chevy LB HD Duramax Crew Cab- Retired
    EEZRV TPMS- Tire Pressure Monitoring System

http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/...tesMap_1_1.gif
    http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/...ovincesMap.gif

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've already RSVP'd to two others that we will be at the Quartzsite rally so I see no harm in doing it a third time. John & Carol Souza will be there.
    John & Carol Souza
    Happily Retired and currently living in Cottonwood, Northern California
    2015 Solitude 368RD
    2010 RAM 3500 DIESEL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajohnsouza View Post
    I've already RSVP'd to two others that we will be at the Quartzsite rally so I see no harm in doing it a third time. John & Carol Souza will be there.

Hi John,

We now have you and Carol on the "Attending" list for the 2017 Quartzsite Rally. See you in January!

Kathy
    2014 3500 Ram Laramie HD Dually Crew Cab 4x4 -6.7 Cummins with Aisin Tranny (AKA - "Big Foot")
    Curt Q24 Hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Kathy
    John & Carol Souza
    Happily Retired and currently living in Cottonwood, Northern California
    2015 Solitude 368RD
    2010 RAM 3500 DIESEL

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would just like to take a quick moment and thank Kathy (Navigator) for ALL of her help with the rally this year. Between work, traveling and well just life I've been swamped. Kathy has been a HUGE help in replying to some of you and keeping tabs on both the forum and facebook of who plans to attend the rally. I'd be overwhelmed if it wasn't for her. So thank you Kathy!!!!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    As of today ( ) we are planning to come. I think weather will have a lot to do with our final decision.

Kathy, can you tell those of us on the fence what typically goes on during the days on these Quartzsite trips? Aren't you kind of out in the middle of nowhere?
    Paul "Poppy" and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD ; 2015 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500HD SRW Duramax/Allison CC 4x4; Tire Minder TPMS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alexhodgkinson View Post
    I would just like to take a quick moment and thank Kathy (Navigator) for ALL of her help with the rally this year. Between work, traveling and well just life I've been swamped. Kathy has been a HUGE help in replying to some of you and keeping tabs on both the forum and facebook of who plans to attend the rally. I'd be overwhelmed if it wasn't for her. So thank you Kathy!!!!

Thanks Alex!

I'm happy to help...
    Curt Q24 Hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppy's 5th Wheel View Post
    As of today ( ) we are planning to come. I think weather will have a lot to do with our final decision.

Kathy, can you tell those of us on the fence what typically goes on during the days on these Quartzsite trips? Aren't you kind of out in the middle of nowhere?

Hi Paul,

Happy to hear that you guys are planning to attend. Hopefully, the weather won't be a problem for you.

To answer your questions.... Yes we are out in the middle of no where, sort of. The town of Quartzsite is neaby. But you will be in the middle of one of the largest gatherings of RVs in the USA. No hookup are available other than in campgrounds. Last year the Rally was at the BLM Road Runner site located a few miles south of I-10 on the 95. Alex will have more info about location soon.

We usually make sure we arrive with empty holding tanks except for fresh water. We fill that up in the town of Quartzsite at "The Pit Stop" for about $5 and there are campgrounds that will let you fill up too. Electrical power is supplied by your own generator or solar/inverter. Your holding tanks should allow you last quite a while before needing to dump if you use your fresh water judiciously. We usually can last 7-10 days before dumping.

Tim and Julie Reams from Grand Design will be attending again this year. They will be there to answer any question you might have about your rig. I believe Alex is trying to arrange some mini seminars too. Every evening we gather around a big fire (firewood would be appreciated) and get to know each other. We also have a pot luck dinner one night... last years was amazing! Grand Design will be hosting another dinner so it's important for everyone to get their names on the 'Attending' list so the dinners can be ordered.

The day after the Rally the Quazrtzsite RV show begins. Here's a link ... http://www.quartzsitervshow.com/ This is something you don't want to miss. There's also lots of swap meets scattered around town with rocks & minerals, gold panning equipment, expensive & not so expensive Native American jewelry... I could go on and on but you just have to see it yourself.

Hope that gives you an idea of what to expect from the Rally and Quartzsite.

Kathy

Curt Q24 Hitch

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast