Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Enough truck?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Enough truck

You have enough truck, going to a 450 would just let you pull more but take away from truck payload. We have same numbers on a 2019 truck and a 379fl. But you won’t have much left but your in the legal area for those that watch that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cd3636 - Although your F350 DRW should tow the 380 fine, I’d encourage you to know for sure what you don’t know now. Without going into great detail you need to know what your rig actually weighs dry and what your truck actually weighs by itself. And again after everything is loaded, passengers too, and ready to hit the road. This includes everything you want to carry in the cab and in the bed of the truck. There’s several videos on YouTube describing the process. You can do this by taking your rig to truck scales. Usually doesn’t cost much. The reason you want to do this is to know for sure how to distribute cargo and prevent overloading the pin. once You know for sure what you can make better decisions redistributing charge to not overload the pin in the future and make the rig handle better.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Bob, I’m planning on doing that when we get it. Cat scale 10 miles from dealer. Get my empty numbers then and go home and load up. We drive by that same scale going to our first camp site. Will get the loaded numbers then. I also have air bags on the truck which will help leveling out the rig.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12