User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New unit DVD bad reception

We have a new 2019 Grand design 2970RL and 2nd trip tried DVD movies on the factory Stereo/DVD player and are getting very bad black and white only reception. The DVD player only plays on the TV component output. Although component is better than AV cables, I'm surprised this day and age it's not HDMI. Regardless, the IT experience in me tells me the component cables have a bad connection, maybe a loose connection? The tech that did our training walk around was surprised the TV didn't swivel out some and kind of disregarded it. I have since looked in the back with a light and it looked like it was fixed with no swivel.

I have two questions; Does anyone with an Imagine know if the TV should swivel any, or how to lift it off to check connections? Also, anyone experiencing the same bad DVD movie reception?

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only partial answer, but a lot of the fixed mounts slide straight up to be released.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks FT4NOW, I have lifted some without much pressure, but will give it a little more tug next week. Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a small tab that needs to be moved to release. Also modern TVs are not great at supporting the broad range of formats as previous generation TVs. I changed out my TCL for and older model Sharp so my VCR play flawlessly. Not the case with TCL
    Current;
    2017 Reflection 337LRS 5th with 2016 Silverado LTX 3500HD Duramax
    2019 Reflection 367BHS 5th permanent in RV park

Past;
    30' TH TT Weekend Warrior, 36' TH 5th Weekend Warrior (both with Ford F250 diesel)
    26' TT Shadow Cruiser, 30' TT Cougar (both with Ram 1500 5.7L Hemi)

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GrandImagine34 View Post
    the IT experience in me tells me the component cables have a bad connection, maybe a loose connection?
    Just to affirm this suspicion, upon trying to cure almost-non-existant radio reception I found a cable which LOOKED perfectly-crimped with a nice hex-shaped retaining collar on it. Yet the cable could be easily pulled out and re-inserted from/to the connector. It had been crimped with the wrong-sized crimper. After an ugly squash with a pair of pliers we got radio reception.

Others here have counseled double-checking every connection in the trailer's coax network; they are notoriously sloppy.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    Just to affirm this suspicion, upon trying to cure almost-non-existant radio reception I found a cable which LOOKED perfectly-crimped with a nice hex-shaped retaining collar on it. Yet the cable could be easily pulled out and re-inserted from/to the connector. It had been crimped with the wrong-sized crimper. After an ugly squash with a pair of pliers we got radio reception.

Others here have counseled double-checking every connection in the trailer's coax network; they are notoriously sloppy.
    I found the same problem with the coax connectors. I replaced all of them with the right connectors with the correct tool. As for the DVD, I found they had hooked it up wrong. I use the AV connections instead of Component. I use HDMI for Sat and Blu-ray.
    Last edited by Hokensalem; 05-20-2019 at 09:24 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FT4NOW is correct. I was able to just lift straight up to the TV up off a "V" shaped mount. I also found that the Jensen stereo DVD only connects through an AV cable, not composite like I originally thought. This would confirm why I only got Black & White by selecting component as the source on the TV remote. I don't remember an AV source selection on the remote, but will check next time connected to power. Maybe someone else can tell me if there's an AV source selection on the TCL 40"? Thanks for all your comments and suggestions.