Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BHutch View Post
    Hi Rob,
    Where, exactly, is the vacuum breaker on a 310 gkr?
    On ours, it is inside the wall between the pantry and the shower. There is a small (1'x1'?) panel in the back wall of the pantry held on with 4 screws. It is about 4'(?) off then floor. Remove that panel and it should give you access tot he vacuum breaker. Look for the black braded lines. That is the black flush line. The vacuum breaker maybe above or below the access panel. Ours was not fastened in and just relied on the lines to hold it in place.
    There will also be a blue and red PEX lines. Those are the supply lines for the shower.

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoChris View Post
    On ours, it is inside the wall between the pantry and the shower. There is a small (1'x1'?) panel in the back wall of the pantry held on with 4 screws. It is about 4'(?) off then floor. Remove that panel and it should give you access tot he vacuum breaker. Look for the black braded lines. That is the black flush line. The vacuum breaker maybe above or below the access panel. Ours was not fastened in and just relied on the lines to hold it in place.
    There will also be a blue and red PEX lines. Those are the supply lines for the shower.

Chris
    Thanks Chris,
    I found a panel with 4 screws in the pantry (the panel is the entire width of the shelf). When I get in there, what am I looking for? How can I tell if its on backwards or if it needs to be repaced? Where can I get a replacement?
    Appreciate your help!

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Rob,
    Where, exactly, is the vacuum breaker on a 310 gkr?
    This is an old thread and when that happened to us, we were in a Reflection 337RLS. The floorplan is the same as the Solitude 310GK, so I'm betting the vacuum breaker/backflow preventer for the toilet is behind the shower faucet - likely accessible through the back wall of the pantry.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Chris,
    I found a panel with 4 screws in the pantry (the panel is the entire width of the shelf).
    That sounds like you found it.

When I get in there, what am I looking for?
    Find and follow the two black braided 1/2" water lines. Those are the inlet and outlet to the vacuum breaker. Note: They may be below the access panel. Ignore the red and blue PEX lines (those are the supply to the shower faucet) which you can see through access panel also.

How can I tell if its on backwards
    A simple test is to run water through it. If it is installed and working correctly it will allow water to pass through. I believe there is either an arrow (flow direction) and/or it is marked with "IN" and "OUT". You would have to follow the plumbing (behind panel in the basement) to determine which is hooked up to the flush port in the wet bay.

or if it needs to be repaced? Where can I get a replacement?
    Appreciate your help!
    Are you having problems with it?
    You can run some water through it (black flush) and then check the vacuum breaker. It and the connections should be dry on the outside.

Replacements can be found at any RV supply place, Amazon, lots of places show up on Google. I believe I have read on here (forums) that some people have found (and used) as metal (brass?) version that sounds like it is higher quality than the stock plastic one.

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    This is an old thread and when that happened to us, we were in a Reflection 337RLS. The floorplan is the same as the Solitude 310GK, so I'm betting the vacuum breaker/backflow preventer for the toilet is behind the shower faucet - likely accessible through the back wall of the pantry.

Rob
    Rob, should this be split off into it's own thread under Solitude? It is getting longer then I expected.

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post

Rob
    Thanks Rob,
    When I get in there, what exactly am I looking for? How do I determine if the vb is installed correctly? How will I know if it needs to replaced? Where can I get a replacement?
    Thanks again.

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Rob,
    When I get in there, what exactly am I looking for? How do I determine if the vb is installed correctly? How will I know if it needs to replaced? Where can I get a replacement?
    Thanks again.
    As long as the Pex hoses and clamps are tight and not leaking, there's nothing else to the installation. It's the internal valve that leaks. You can verify this by turning on the flusher and observing the vacuum breaker. If it's bad, you'll se water dripping from the plastic casing. You can get a replacement from Amazon, RecPro, or any RV parts store or dealership.

https://smile.amazon.com/RecPro-Brea...s%2C139&sr=8-4

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoChris View Post
    That sounds like you found it.

Find and follow the two black braided 1/2" water lines. Those are the inlet and outlet to the vacuum breaker. Note: They may be below the access panel. Ignore the red and blue PEX lines (those are the supply to the shower faucet) which you can see through access panel also.

A simple test is to run water through it. If it is installed and working correctly it will allow water to pass through. I believe there is either an arrow (flow direction) and/or it is marked with "IN" and "OUT". You would have to follow the plumbing (behind panel in the basement) to determine which is hooked up to the flush port in the wet bay.

Are you having problems with it?
    You can run some water through it (black flush) and then check the vacuum breaker. It and the connections should be dry on the outside.

Replacements can be found at any RV supply place, Amazon, lots of places show up on Google. I believe I have read on here (forums) that some people have found (and used) as metal (brass?) version that sounds like it is higher quality than the stock plastic one.

Chris
    The problem is the first (and last) time I did the flush, the black water was spewing around the bathroom, presumably from the toilet. I don't fancy going through that again.
    So, flushing so I can visually inspect the vb is a little problemmatic.......

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem is the first (and last) time I did the flush, the black water was spewing around the bathroom, presumably from the toilet. I don't fancy going through that again.
    So, flushing so I can visually inspect the vb is a little problemmatic.......
    Was it black water coming directly from the toilet? I've never heard of that before unless the black tank is completely full and the waste water is coming up through the toilet valve. In that case, it's not a problem with the vacuum breaker but rather with the tank and drain. Can you clarify a bit more?

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    Full time since 08/2015

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was the problem cause by freezing/winterization? It just occurred to me that I did not do anything to winterize that black tank flush port before we returned from FL in Feb. What do people do to winterize that line?
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast