Hello All,

This is my first post and I am new to the group. I currently own a 2010 Flagstaff 831KRSS which weighs in at 8500 lbs loaded. I have never towed a 5th wheel, but have a lot of towing experience...

My wife and I just went to the Hershey show last weekend and we are now going to purchase a 369RL with a delivery in March. As you can see from my signature, I have a F350, 4x4, 6.7, short bed with the 5th wheel prep package. While I was at the show, I looked closely at the B&W OEM Companion 5th wheel hitch. I talked to the factory guy and he says this hitch will work fine with a short bed as long as the pin box is close to the edge of the trailer and the corners are rounded. I took the solitude brochere back to him later on and he said there should be no problems whatsoever. I also spoke with another hitch guy at the show and he also said the B&W would be fine for my short bed.

So safety is important to me. I have no issue getting a slider, but I do NOT want to get one if it is not necessary. Does anyone out there have the same set up as I am talking about? Any help on this matter would be appreciated.