Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2500rl television mount

We are planning on replacing the stock TV mount with a longer extension mount. The stock one makes for difficult viewing from one of the recliners. This is creating a war over who sits where .

Just wondering if anyone else has done this mod with success?

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try the search box in the upper right side for tv mounts.
    There have been quite a few discussions on this, enjoy the reading.

Brian

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Should be about as straight forward as you can get.

Remove the old mount, install the new one.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the advice Country Campers. I did read about five pages of those posts. I was actually looking for someone who had replaced the mount out with a longer one and to get an idea of a specific mount to use.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by riven1950 View Post
    Thanks for the advice Country Campers. I did read about five pages of those posts. I was actually looking for someone who had replaced the mount out with a longer one and to get an idea of a specific mount to use.
    Did you find one? I’m scouring the search looking. The high up and short tilt is the only thing I dislike about my new 2023 2500rl

Never mind my search turned up https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...t=2500rl+mount
    Last edited by TakeMeHome; 07-19-2022 at 07:03 PM.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for this, same complaint here...

The current mount allows for the TV to lock into position for travel, my concern is a new mount should have the same (albeit weak) lock

I'll read on

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure what year 2500RL you have but with our 2018 model it wasn't straightforward. I didn't like the way the installed mount didn't tilt down so it was at an odd angle to watch from the recliners. But the difficulty was finding a mount that would attach to the same point behind the TV, which is offset from center (which is where the reinforcement is)about 10" (if I remember correctly). I wound up buying an inexpensive mount that had the swivel up/down and modifying the arm on the installed mount so I could attach the swivel head to it. Works well now but I did have to add a strap to hold the TV in during travel.
    2018 Imagine 2500RL
    2016 F150 with 3.5L Ecoboost

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I replaced mine (2020 2500rl) originally by cutting an access hole in the backing board that was big enough for me to slide a 1/2 in peice of plywood and attach to the thin board that covers the hole behind the tv. The reinforced board that gd installs was too far towards the rear of the trailer and didnt work for the mount i purchased (which i like quite well). I think the hole i cut was about 4in by 9in or so, and the plywood was not quite as tall as the backing board and 8 inches wide or so. It was a bit of a pain to get it back in there but once i did i attached with some wood screws and it made a very solid platform. This is the mount i used: Mounting Dream UL Listed Lockable RV TV Mount for Most 17-43 inch TV, RV Mount for Camper Trailer Motor Home Boat Truck, Full Motion Unique One Step Lock RV TV Wall Mount, VESA 200mm, 44 lbs, MD2210 https://a.co/d/gvSNspV

Of course a few months later i completely ripped out the board behind the tv and replaced it as i housed my solar equipment and lifepo battery in that space behind the tv.

But im sure the original aolution i had would have lasted
    forever as it was quite stout.

Good luck

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I forgot that gd changed the configuration of the tv / cabinet recently so my solution above may make no sense at all on newer units