User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by galowe01 View Post
    The PolyHyde is a durable material since it is polymer coated.
    That's funny! Totally untrue, but funny.

Most owners go through this. It will start to peel with almost no use. If you full-time, it generally seems to last through the warranty period, then it's toast. We have some photos of what ours looked like at http://www.rvhome.school/Our-RV.html under the entry for 5-May-2018.

Many people go with RecPro (https://www.recpro.com/) which is what we are going to do.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimChow View Post
    We just bought 2 Non Slip Recliner covers for our 2500RL from Ameritex on Amazon, $32 each.
    Jim,
    Even though It's only been about a month and a half since your reply about purchasing the Ameritex recliner covers how do you like them? Do they fit OK and how well do they stay in place? My wife and I are looking for some for our Momentum recliners. I don't think we'll find anything made for the end recliners with a single arm rest but my wife can sew and is willing to modify something to make it fit better if needed. Thanks for any input you can provide.
    2015 328M
    2019 F350 SRW 6.7 & B&W slider

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We like them so far. Our thought was that on hot days you wouldn't want to sit on the recliners if you were sweaty and then stick to the material. The fit is pretty good and there is a material strap (?) that keeps the back portion in place. On each side the there is a portion that hangs over the arm rest with pockets on it, kind of nice. Since the recliners are together we just fold the one arm rest portion of the slip cover underneath the seat portion of each recliners. If the MRS. can sew than you can cut off that piece and sew it up, tha'ts what we plan to do then use the left over fabric to cover the center armrest. We like them. Check them out on line.
    Jim & Kathy
    Gracie, our 14 year old Rescued Beagle, waiting at the Rainbow Bridge with her big sister Bailey
    Suzy our 8 year old rescued Beagle
    2019 2500RL

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jim, thanks for the detailed info. When we bought our trailer there were what we thought were some small damaged spots caused by the previous owners dog. After research I've found that the material they use to cover these recliners has lots of problems. Now there are more places on our recliners where the material is starting to disintegrate on the outside, that's why the search for covers now. Have a good weekend.

Jim
    2015 328M
    2019 F350 SRW 6.7 & B&W slider

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We purchased an inexpensive slipcover (sofa sized) on Amazon...and they also have them for recliners. We avoided the ones with non-slip backing because some reviewers said the material left residue on the surface when it was removed...
    Can't say if that will help because the RV is new, but the dogs won't be leaving dirt on it.
    Also thinking about using Weiman Leather cleaner. Haven't tried it yet, but will try it on the back of the bonded leather to see if it harms it. Googled care of bonded leather and found cleaning it and keeping UV rays off it are recommended.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I doubt the slip covers will keep the 'leather' from cracking and flaking off. I kept my furniture in my 303 treated with leather care products to no avail. all the furniture started cracking at the same time like it was on a self destruct timer. No pets or kids.
    I now have a new 2020 Solitude with the same expensive/crappy furniture AND it came with a tear in the footrest, I haven't even sat in it. I have been doing battle with the dealer (Colerain-Indy) over replacing the chair. Typical dealer nightmare. I did all the work, sent pictures to GD, got the case number to replace it. The dealer wanted to 'repair' the tear and refused to talk to the GD rep. but lied to me about waiting on GD to approve. What a PIA I hate having to let them do anything. They finally agreed after a month to order a new chair after GD contacted them. Hopefully they can get the switch made without screwing something else up. Once you give them your money and drive off the lot you're from another planet..... GOOD LUCK!

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bet there is no a soul at the company named Thomas Payne.

What's wrong is that these seats are really not recoverable since the frame is metal. And replacements of my love seat, right hand recliner and left hand recliner will cost $2,000+.

The problem with getting regular home upholstery is getting it through the front door of the RV. Doors are small, and hallways in front of the door are very small.

I may end up replacing mine with Lazy Boy couch--if the back comes off like the back of their recliners. I think it'll go through the door okay. I have on dark brown Lazy Boy recliner already that I can match.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine are starting to crack and peel. Was going to call warranty people see if can be replaced. Also my dvd player stopped working so hopefully they will fix that to before warranty runs out in June.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dryfly View Post
    I'm wondering how much of the peeling/cracking on this furniture can be attributed to dogs. I'd be interested if it's an issue, or if it's also occurring with folks that don't travel with pets.
    No pets here. Still just wore away. Junk.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Julie and Gage, the BFGS
    ´15 Solitude 369RL
    Aguanga, CA
    Tri Cities, WA

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have decided to just toss them when they look crappy and move our stressless recliners in to take their place. I wish the T.P. were better but we went in with eyes wide open.
    2017 F350 SRW 8" bed 6.7L diesel 6 speed auto 355 axle ratio

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast