User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Paul,

Did you ever figure out what was causing your furnace to not fire completely?

I am having some strange issues with mine not firing consistently as well.

While searching for information on the pressure regulators, I saw that you also have the same Marshall Excelsior regulator that I installed in Oct 2017. Since then we really haven't camped in cold weather until this week when we noticed the furnace would cycle inconsistently.

I saw that your furnace issues started after installing the new regulator.

I've not measured the pressure output.... wonder if there is a coincidence if some of these MEGR-253H are defective.
    Kevin and Laura
    Eastern Suburb of Cincinnati, OH
    2015 Reflection 323BHS -
    Steadyfast, RV-CO Steps, LED underbelly Lights, BH Jack knife bed support mod
    2007 GMC Sierra 3500 Classic Duramax CC DRW
    Stock- No Tunes - No deletes
    Power steering fluid cooler

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinP View Post
    Paul,

Did you ever figure out what was causing your furnace to not fire completely?

I am having some strange issues with mine not firing consistently as well.

While searching for information on the pressure regulators, I saw that you also have the same Marshall Excelsior regulator that I installed in Oct 2017. Since then we really haven't camped in cold weather until this week when we noticed the furnace would cycle inconsistently.

I saw that your furnace issues started after installing the new regulator.

I've not measured the pressure output.... wonder if there is a coincidence if some of these MEGR-253H are defective.
    Hey Kevin, well I looked back at my last post in this thread and it never worked again after that day. I put it on my list to be repaired at the rally in August and at last word the problem with mine was some kind of disconnect between the thermostat and the furnace. A tech cut a couple wires in the furnace (accessed from the exterior) and tied them together essentially taking the thermostat out of the picture and the furnace fired right up and worked great. Of course that wasn't the fix as there was now no way to control it. Their permanent fix is to install a new thermostat in the trailer next to the original unit. Now I have one to control the A/C and one to control the furnace.

I have yet to see it or verify it works because the trailer is still in Indiana. It should be home in the next week or so. My fingers are crossed.
    Paul "Poppy" and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD ; 2015 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500HD SRW Duramax/Allison CC 4x4; Tire Minder TPMS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well after chasing everything in the furnace I started to look to the trailer.

Checking the gas pressure from the regulator...it was well over 14” WC.

Backing it down to 11” the furnace fires and stays lit.

Will further test but all is pointing to the new regulator needing to be set correctly.
    Kevin and Laura
    Eastern Suburb of Cincinnati, OH
    2015 Reflection 323BHS -
    Steadyfast, RV-CO Steps, LED underbelly Lights, BH Jack knife bed support mod
    2007 GMC Sierra 3500 Classic Duramax CC DRW
    Stock- No Tunes - No deletes
    Power steering fluid cooler

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

possible solutions

Here's a couple of things I've tried. I too had the heat work then not work. Double flashing light. I have replaced almost everything, taken back to the dealer who couldn't get it to fail.

One thought we came up with it's the thermal switch. It's mounted on the aluminum housing. The housing gets hot and transfer the heat to the switch thus the switch never cools off. So I put a gasket between the housing and the switch. Big improvement.

Still have a misfiring that I solved by putting my hand over the exhaust and it worked. But I'm not running outside to cause back pressure, so I'm currently trying to solve that issue that happen occasionally. I believe it's a pressure issue that I need to research.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123